Flanders' Real Life Character Portraits

In this thread I will post my experimentation with turning reference photos of GTA World characters into what appear to be real-life portraits, using my own build of Stable Diffusion image generation.

I'm open to doing this for other people's characters, as a matter of fact it helps feed my training data. Please let me know what you guys think, and if you have any feedback. If enough people want me to do this for them I may monetize it in-game somehow (under the veil of a photography service or something idk.)

For my first submission, I've got my own character, Bae Jung-Hwa.

Final Product:

Bae_JungHwa_real_life.png

Original Reference Image:

bae_adjusted.png

• Upvote 5

To make the process more transparent, my final result is not just what was spat out of the machine.

To get to the following initial result, took a fuck ton of tweaking of just about every setting I have access to:

00026-2503194959.png

(pic of the folder of all my failed attempts)

96f90181757898eb789f4ecaa06cc7a6.png

Then that was upscaled, and refined using some more techniques, till I got to this:

00083-3991833430.png

You could argue that I lost a bit of the original reference picture's facial features in this process, but I think I got to a good trade-off of realism and accuracy to the source material.

Then I took it into photoshop and made some manual edits (mainly to the nose-bits of the glasses since it looks all fucked up in the unedited picture.) Mostly correcting the lighting to bring out more detail.

Bae_JungHwa_real_life.png

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...