Traffic law Law Clarification or rewording request.

A 4 way stoplight intersection. 

Per Penal code 1507:

If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights, the traffic light displays a red light, the driver must stop before the white perpendicular line or last perpendicular line of a crosswalk. The driver shall yield the right of way to any and all vehicles before proceeding through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. 
 (( On-Hold due to sync issues. See the entry under 1512. ))

Okay, makes sense, but wait, 1512? Okay, lets go there...

If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there are no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)
(( On-Hold due to sync issues. Temporary solution: Every intersection is to be treated as a four-way rolling stop and approached no faster than 15 MPH, give way to any vehicle approaching from the right hand corner.   ))

What is a "Rolling stop"? Does this mean I can slowly roll through and don't need to stop? Everyone I ask says you HAVE to -STOP-. But this law specifically says OOC, you can roll. Can we just edit the OOC bit to remove the "Rolling stop" bit to make sure we're all on the same page? Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wrld999 said:

I just treat all intersections as if they're using stop signs instead of traffic lights. It may be a pain the ass at times, but I've never had an issue with the law when doing such. 

This is what I do almost all the time. I mean sometimes I'm in a hurry and there's a chance of me getting caught when I zoom through lights but still. If you don't want to get caught just treat the lights like they're stop signs.

• Upvote 1