Reconstruct /help categories and their links

$$

Detailed Description

At the moment, /help gives you access to forum feature showcases for different aspects of the server. There's a few that either result in you going to a removed page. Some of the information on there is also quite outdated. I'll list out a few examples below. I'll write out the name of the section in /help in BOLD to make it more clear.

Player 

image.thumb.png.96edfaf72fa593afa1d1256a1c6792b6.png

Here, we can see under "player" on the /help menu it lists a bunch of the commands that are available. /attributes is no longer a command. Although the majority of the server knows this, it must be misleading for new players. The new command we'd use in replacement of /attributes is /chardetails. 

Inventory 

Next, we can go over to the inventory option on /help. This takes you to the features showcase which was last updated in 2019. The commands listed on the feature showcase are all accurate. However, there's no link to the new feature documentation for the inventory user interface added more recently. The new feature doc has been linked below for reference. 

JOBS

Another thing I found within the /help menu is the "jobs" section. When you press onto the option, it brings the below message up. To new players, this could be misleading and would most likely result in a /helpme ticket by that player to try and find the unemployment office. This is due to the fact that the unemployment office is named "Arcadius Job Center" on the map. This may seem like a small and petty thing to bring up, but for new players they won't have any idea. Obviously, common sense and clicking through the icons would lead to them finding the job center but it would probably save a lot of hassle for the newbie to just have the full name given to them when they request it via /help. Additionally, "jobs" and "roleplay jobs" both give you the same result, which is the below message. 

image.png.0b7cb70ac3836bfcbb7d33187a486d87.png

Business 

The "business" section on /help may relate to players who have been on the server a lot longer. The majority of the players are aware of how the business system works, whether it's obtaining one or using the /bmanager portal that shows up in-game. The feature showcase that you get linked to however is outdated and shows the old business management panel. It also shows the old system of buying components and viewing them. Here's a link for reference of what shows up in-game, when you select business under /help. 

Locks and Alarms

Selecting "locks and alarms" will bring you to this page, which either has been removed. Check the below image for reference. 

image.thumb.png.4f502607937fdcf15b9faa350da3b10e.png

Customisation 

The next part is "customisation" on the /help menu. Now, commends to @YWard for his guide back in 2017. But it's severely outdated, again this being updated to the new clothing system or even linking the correct feature showcase would save a lot of time and effort for newbies joining us. The below link is what will be brought up when you access the customisation menu via /help. 

Police

"Police" option on /help will result in a message saying "You must be a law officer to use this command." I assume that this will bring up a different response if you're hired in SD/PD etc. This isn't a major issue, there's also options on /help for EMS. This takes you to the feature showcase regarding EMS commands. Some of them have old commands which aren't on the server anymore, but this may not apply to the new players on the server. Also, I assume EMS members will have access to their needed commands through their own resources, whether it's the forums for FD or their own discord. 

Garage & Chopshops

Next, is the "Garage & Chopshops" option. This will take you to an outdated feature showcase. Here's a link for reference. 

Drugs

The next one is drugs, this option on the /help menu will take you to another outdated feature showcase. However, with the recent revamp on the drug system, there's some more detailed feature showcases which will be a lot more helpful to new players. A lot of our new players probably don't know how detailed our drug system is, links to the relevant feature showcases only promotes the new script and may even allow newer players to see the consequences of these drugs on their characters. This is the link for the current drug showcase which shows up in-game via /help menu. 

Below are the three new feature showcases, which look a lot better and also are accurate. Some may say, why change the one in-game when they can view it in the forums. New roleplayers might not even have forum accounts, I know I didn't when I first started roleplaying. Also, it just tidies things up in-game and gives the server a much more professional vibe. We've came a long way since the early days of 2018. 

image.png.ddb5cc4b03f6548ad16979676c8894bf.png

Animals

The next one I've found isn't a huge change. The feature showcase that's linked is fine, but some of the information in there could be updated. Such as the options of being able to have a cat and dog through partner level donator, or a cat through the platinum level donator. Here's a link for reference of what you'll currently see if you were to select "Animals" under the /help menu. 

Notifications 

Next on the list is "notifications". New players may not receive this, or even know they exist. However, it could do with tidying up. It'll give you some options that aren't commands in the game anymore. For example, /removeallnotifications. The first two commands (/notifications, /removenotification) work fine. However, when you do /notifications and attempt to clear them all by doing the /clearnotifications command. This command doesn't work at all, which could potentially be a bug and I'll be more than happy to report it if needs be. Here's what shows up when you select "notifications" under /help. 

image.png.3557a9cfa141d9708a9255fe33ddfd40.png

XM Radio

The next option on the /help menu is "XM Radio". This gives you a feature showcase which is also outdated and could either be updated to show accurate information. Or could be linked to a more relevant showcase which has been created. This is what you'll see in-game when you select XM Radio on the help menu. 

Phone / Radio

The phone and radio commands, this is listed under "phone" in the /help menu. It'll show the below commands in your chat box, I'll provide an image. However, a link to the feature showcase may be more relevant. 

image.thumb.png.d614aaf0e8325dd7b48ad2e0e9e08daa.png

Properties

Within the "Properties" option of the /help menu. It takes you to a very outdated feature showcase. However, it could either be re-directed to the Property Manager showcase, or have the original one updated with more up to date screenshots.  

Furnishing

The next one on the list is "Furnishing" on the /help menu. This will again re-direct you to an old showcase. It advises you to use /construction which is a disabled command. This is the feature showcase you'll be directed to. 

Mechanic Job

The "mechanic job" option will take you to an old feature showcase. Although the commands still exist, an update to the showcase or maybe a new showcase could be beneficial to those looking to become a mechanic. Below is what you'll currently be re-directed to. It could be updated with how you can work at garages by getting recruited ICly. Also, the screenshots could show the menu that shows up when you hold "X". 

Misc options that aren't needed

The "Courier Job" option doesn't give you any information at all. No commands in-game, or a re-direct to the feature showcase. 

There's an option for "Mining job" which I don't believe is on the server any more. This also results in no commands being shown, or any feature showcases. 

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

These are all of the suggestions I'm thinking of for the /help menu. Many of you may think that it's unnecessary or unused, but I feel like having it updated would bring more usage of the feature on the server. It'll make new players time on the server a lot more enjoyable and it would just add to the general QOL for the server. A lot of the active playerbase are usually players who have been on the server for a long time, you automatically get used to commands and features of the server through just playing. Some may get used to the features because they're roleplaying with factions and businesses. Not all players are like this, some may like to just roleplay on their own and do things as they please, which is all fine but /help may even teach them more about the server, especially with the huge updates we've had since /help was implemented. But not everyone is likeminded and some may need some more assistance, it'll save a lot of time for both admins and support staff if the /help menu was reconstructed. 

• Applaud 1