Is there a way to get your custom phone number & contacts back?

KL

The reason why you can't get it back is because you redeemed your custom number on the phone that was robbed from you. Once you use it on a phone it generates a random one. You can't re use it because the other phone is still active. And also if i'm not mistaken your contacts don't save unless you're on the same phone you saved them on. 

On 2/8/2024 at 11:23 PM, kane? said:

Have you gotten a response on your ticket?

Here's the response by Nervous (via the UCP): "Hello, your custom phone number is permanently linked to you in /stats. Please contact an administrator to get some help ingame about it. You have to /applycustomnumber ingame."

According to them, the phone number should've stayed in my char's /stats even after the phone was no longer in possession. (though I think Nervous didn't understand what I was trying to tell them but still).

On 2/8/2024 at 11:25 PM, kane? said:

The reason why you can't get it back is because you redeemed your custom number on the phone that was robbed from you. Once you use it on a phone it generates a random one. You can't re use it because the other phone is still active. And also if i'm not mistaken your contacts don't save unless you're on the same phone you saved them on. 

How do you de-activate your phone again?

And I think you're mistaken with the last part - I faintly remember my char getting robbed back in 2020 and then after buying a new phone I was able to transfer the old contacts + the number onto it (presumably with /applycustomnumber) though that char didn't have that custom number purchased with WPs (it was the randomly generated one).

3 minutes ago, KL said:

Here's the response by Nervous (via the UCP): "Hello, your custom phone number is permanently linked to you in /stats. Please contact an administrator to get some help ingame about it. You have to /applycustomnumber ingame."

According to them, the phone number should've stayed in my char's /stats even after the phone was no longer in possession. (though I think Nervous didn't understand what I was trying to tell them but still).

How do you de-activate your phone again?

And I think you're mistaken with the last part - I faintly remember my char getting robbed back in 2020 and then after buying a new phone I was able to transfer the old contacts + the number onto it (presumably with /applycustomnumber) though that char didn't have that custom number purchased with WPs (it was the randomly generated one).

Try this, go in-game and do /mycontracts and find the one with your custom number. Then do /cancelcontract the ID and then do /applycustomnumber again to the new phone.

17 minutes ago, kane? said:

Try this, go in-game and do /mycontracts and find the one with your custom number. Then do /cancelcontract the ID and then do /applycustomnumber again to the new phone.

Yeah I had done that a while ago. One of the support/admin team guys told me to do that, but it didn't help - the custom 4-digit number was still gone.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't read all the responses but I think you have to go to a phone store to cancel the old contracts, and then you will get your custom number back to apply it if you wish. Did the cancelling not work at all? Were you in the phone store when you tried, if so? I've had this happen to me before and I've recuperated my custom number 2 times in the past, just trying to remember all the steps to suggest that might have been missed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 9:46 PM, Archant said:

I haven't read all the responses but I think you have to go to a phone store to cancel the old contracts, and then you will get your custom number back to apply it if you wish. Did the cancelling not work at all? Were you in the phone store when you tried, if so? I've had this happen to me before and I've recuperated my custom number 2 times in the past, just trying to remember all the steps to suggest that might have been missed.

Falling back onto this, have you managed to cancel the contract at all?