Looting

Midnights

image.pngHello everyone, the issue of looting that is rampant of the server and that leads to more & more bans / punishments everyday. Everyday when you try to log in and do some roleplay, you would see players getting punished cause of looting.

It IS realistic for guns and other things like money drugs to be lootable because in your daily life since most of the time the items would just inside the corpse's pockets or other places and it is often working and can be picked up. BUT, if you are a civilian when u walk around the street and discover a corpse while holding a gun in his hand, will u go there and pick it up? That's unrealistic. And IRL the guns in LA isn't that type of rare tho, and since we're in a game this feature leads to unrealistic situations all the time where players rush for bodies & run around to loot corpses for guns YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Imagine that happens in real life, people rush to the corpse just for a glock lol, that would be ridiculous af lol, and yeah i can say that at least 30% of looting is unrealistic maybe more.

We are playing a roleplay game, we are not playing PUBG or APEX Legends, what's your opinion of looting? IRL nobody will rush to the corpse and look for the guns or hinky things.

Edited by Midnights
  • Upvote 2

Literally had my (M) character get hit by a car during a police pursuit while on foot outside of a club, large group of gang rp'ers kept going "what he got on him doe?" "run his pocket tho the fuck?"  as I was flattened out in the middle of the street.. I agree that sometimes the server does feel like Rust / PUBG as most of these individuals daily objective is just to try to obtain a firearm whether its by looting it off someone or stealing it, even at a major motor vehicle accident in the middle of the road.. 

I've blanked names / characters out but you can see what I'm talking about, I don't think anyone is going to see a 14 year old kid get ran over by a car and run up to them starting to tell their 'homies' to "run his pockets" etc.. 

lH5DIuR.png

• Upvote 1

I mean it depends on the context for me. If your friend was downed and you're hearing sirens, I think it seems fair to relieve them of the questioning with the illegal possession taken away. 

But in other circumstances, why would anyone in their right might want to touch a decaying body and possibly be found around it just for a gun when realistically you can apply for one as a civilian. IE, one of my characters bled out from a shootout in a variety store and this Davis roleplayer took it upon himself to loot while she's still barely breathing, store is open and proceeded to loot until an admin told him no. 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

On 2/11/2023 at 6:20 AM, Muerta said:

I mean it depends on the context for me. If your friend was downed and you're hearing sirens, I think it seems fair to relieve them of the questioning with the illegal possession taken away. 

But in other circumstances, why would anyone in their right might want to touch a decaying body and possibly be found around it just for a gun when realistically you can apply for one as a civilian. IE, one of my characters bled out from a shootout in a variety store and this Davis roleplayer took it upon himself to loot while she's still barely breathing, store is open and proceeded to loot until an admin told him no. 

Pretty much this, in certain situations it'd make sense, but most of the times that it does happen people simply want to acquire a gun. In what world does somebody get shot or  shot at and the first thing they'd think about afterwards is grabbing the other person's firearm, makes no sense.