[UCP/In-game] Permanent XMR slots

KeyNote

Hello you lovely rascals.

It would be amazing if we could acquire permanent XMR slots. That way, the focus being primarily on DJ's who have to pay every month for VIP status simply to have access for placing their stream into the server to be able to DJ, wouldn't have to do that as not all can afford it. I know I struggle a little to pay each month and the other DJ's might find it annoying to have to do so too.

By simply adding the ability to have a permanent XMR slot, we could pay for it with like, I dunno 300wp? and then that XMR slot would remain tied to the specific character slot or something as such, perhaps even remain active until the character has been name-changed, which therefore would mean players would have to again spend 300wp to get a permanent XMR slot on a new character name/slot.

Alternative suggestions for this are of course welcome. It's a quick idea that I'm fairly certain would benefit the DJ community on GTA:W.

Thoughts?

Edit: Just to clarify, the average monthly costs for RP'ing a DJ come between 40 and 70 euro, that includes VIP for the XMR slot, Virtual DJ subscription or other programs & radio stream subscription, just to RP a DJ.

Edited by KeyNote
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, michaelsh1ft3r said:

Not a DJ myself, but having the option to have my own radio station permanently does sound like a good idea. And to avoid having too many permanent ones, a partial wipe could be done every now and then to prevent too many blank stations. +1.

Yup yup! Could put that on a timer like with the property activity tracker!

100% agree, having to pay so much each month to be able to RP as a DJ is really lame, especially since without any DJs there would be no fun immersive club rp.

I wouldn't mind a one time purchase to have a permanent XMR slot but "renting" one each month? Nah.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 1 month later...

Why not allow people to purchase a radio station ICly with script cash? It could be a large sum so it doesn't flood the system with everyone having one, but allowing DJ's to be able to RP their career without having to commit to spending real world currency. It could also be an added request that admins could look at, making sure the character would be active and to have a slot allotted to them while they retain their activity.

• 2 weeks later...