Non-Emergency Hotline

Cyr0n

Suggestion

Short description: Non-Emergency Hotline

Detailed description: The script, or rather the number, would redirect the caller to a dispatching team, requiring necessary information as in "Who do you need to talk to?", or "This is the Police Department's non-emergency hotline, how can we help you?". The caller then states the situation, followed by the answer "You request will be handled. You will receive a call from one of our employees." - You can put into it whatever comes to your head. The non-emergency lines for the police is then tinted in some other color or in a light blue, or it declares itself as a "NON-EMERGENCY CALL".

Commands to add: /

Items to add: /call 991 - or anything similar.

How would your suggestion improve the server? A quick and efficient suggestion which comes in with more pleasure to police officers, but also for the cause of roleplay. Since there is no available line where you can call the LSPD for non-emergency related situations. Wheater it's getting documents for their PF license, or when someone is in need of police assistance which can be handled via the phone. There are several reasons for why it could be used.

Additional information: That's it!

• Upvote 3

I support this! I frequently want to be able to organise appointments with someone and having to call a specific personal number and hoping someone is online is impractical. Calling 911 is also impractical as it comes as an emergency. 

A hotline for FD and PD would be useful for people to call in on the number for non-emergency appointments and enquiries, not only that but it'd be nice if we can call them back on that number without giving them our personal number.

Not so sure on 991 though. 991 messes with heads a little, might type 911 accidentally or vice versa.
I for one almost always reads 991 as 911 due to dyslexia. 

Something like 333 would be great.

Edited by Cobra
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not so sure on 991 though. 991 messes with heads a little, might type 911 accidentally or vice versa.
I for one almost always reads 991 as 911 due to dyslexia. 

Something like 333 would be great.

Absolutely.

@Maple I know you are bored!

Edited by Cyr0n