Mapping question

NiallUK

Hey!

I have 1000 hours and still don't know the answer.. Embarrassing!

So if I purchased a property with no mapping, how do I get started with getting the location right and all? I can do interior mapping but I'm not sure how you do the base structure.

Thanks! 🙂

3 minutes ago, NiallUK said:

Hey!

I have 1000 hours and still don't know the answer.. Embarrassing!

So if I purchased a property with no mapping, how do I get started with getting the location right and all? I can do interior mapping but I'm not sure how you do the base structure.

Thanks! 🙂

Hello! There always comes a first time!

Use F5 (press F6 if you can't move while at it to unfreeze) to look for a location ideally above the building, so it's the easiest to get the shape.

Press F6 until you receive the message prompt about being frozen, spawn a floor - any floor. Press F5 again to exit mapping mode, and do /pentrance. Now whenever you enter the property you'll spawn wherever /pentrance was set!

I personally place plain walls first to get the layout of windows right, and then replace them as I go. 

Edited by Sitra
  • Thanks 1

So just another quick question if I may? 🙂

So let's say I purchase an apartment. What do I do to start with a blank canvas? 1000 hours and I've always just purchased, never actually mapped the structure.

If there's a full guide regarding start to finish mapping that includes location, that would be helpful! 🙂 

• Nora locked this topic