archive

Narco

Just now, Goodfellas said:

Exactly what he said. You don't need to be in a faction to use a chop shop. A chop shop is used by multiple groups, even independent illegal roleplayers not tied to a group/faction. You just need to know who to find in order to gain access.

So then why do you HAVE to be in an illegal faction to OWN one? I don't have an issue with using one, it's the fact that you have to be in an illegal faction to own one, this should be a property management related issue rather than IFM handling it. 

• Narco changed the title to Allow civilians / non faction members to own chop shops

I think it falls on the sense that if you're a faction, you're held to above average standards. If it was a case of any civilian being able to have one, then every Tom Dick and Harry would be a bonified chopper. 

Personally I feel its a way of restricting how many are around and who runs them. You'll probably find that IRL chop shops are ran by an organised group, not just a random civilian working on his own. 

EDIT

Take the UK for example right now. There's a huge organised crime group stealing cars from Airports. You pay them to store your car when you go on holiday and such, and when you get back? Gone. Probably chopped for parts and such.

Edited by JayO
  • Upvote 2

You don’t need to be in an illegal faction to use or rent a chop shop from someone. Rp getting connections to one. If civilians were allowed to own chop shops, Cat Girl Cafe employees would be stealing your car for money. The owner of the garage can also give you keys to the garage and you can do pretty much everything on your own. 

you are also able to set up schemes that allow you to get car parts without a chop shop.

You’re saying civilian half illegal people are likely to steal cars for money. How would they own an entire garage with tools and machinery or be able to afford it if they’re scrapping for cash? And if you’re a well of business man who CAN, doesn’t make sense to start scrapping your own cars. 

It isn’t gatekeeping, it just makes sense to reward official factions in such a way.

Why can only cops use vests when I can just put them on?” Why do I get scripted kicked out of a cop car when I drive? You wouldn’t say that cops are gatekeeping driving cars, that’s just how it is. 

90% of the time, the actual owner of the chop shop doesn’t even go in there. It’s a huge part of certain factions to create roleplay and give tasks to do for lower rank members

Edited by Kucheras
  • Upvote 1
  • Narco changed the title to archive
  • Nora locked this topic