Permanent FPS drops

From my findings and personal experience, RageMP consumes more and more memory as you play. So an hour in, it could be fine, half an hour later it'll start stuttering or drop frames significantly. Restarting the game and/or your PC is only a temporary fix since it resets memory in use, up until it's all consumed again. 

Regardless of the settings I played on, I'd always start stuttering once 7900/8000 MB of memory was being used, almost all of it by Rage. Nothing I tried fixed the issue, except upgrading my PC to 16 GB of RAM. Since the upgrade I've gotten rid of the stutters and reduced crash frequency. 

Bottom line is, Rage as a client is super unoptimized, GTAW has lots of custom mapping and server side mods that it has to load, unload and maybe even store in the memory. I find the only fix is getting more memory for your PC.

17 minutes ago, SimonX6 said:

From my findings and personal experience, RageMP consumes more and more memory as you play. So an hour in, it could be fine, half an hour later it'll start stuttering or drop frames significantly. Restarting the game and/or your PC is only a temporary fix since it resets memory in use, up until it's all consumed again. 

Regardless of the settings I played on, I'd always start stuttering once 7900/8000 MB of memory was being used, almost all of it by Rage. Nothing I tried fixed the issue, except upgrading my PC to 16 GB of RAM. Since the upgrade I've gotten rid of the stutters and reduced crash frequency. 

Bottom line is, Rage as a client is super unoptimized, GTAW has lots of custom mapping and server side mods that it has to load, unload and maybe even store in the memory. I find the only fix is getting more memory for your PC.

Thing is, like I've said before: I've been playing on this PC for ages, and never had any issue until recently. This PC went thru bigger stress tests on GTAW pre-EAC. 

And it's not streamlined. Sometimes it'll happen the moment I log in-game, sometimes it'll happen 4 hours in, sometimes it won't happen at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Nora locked this topic