Charge medical / hospital fees if you're player killed

Detailed Description

Yes, another suggestion to raise the cost of living! In the great old USA it costs money to be treated at the hospital. You should have to pay a fee if you're player killed and have the money be transferred to the LSFD's faction bank account. This could also open the possibilities to purchase health insurance, but that's something that would need to be discussed further.

Relevant Commands/Items

-

How will it benefit the server?

Goodbye communist San Andreas, pay your fair share!

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, GothAngelSinner said:

Detailed Description

Yes, another suggestion to raise the cost of living! In the great old USA it costs money to be treated at the hospital. You should have to pay a fee if you're player killed and have the money be transferred to the LSFD's faction bank account. This could also open the possibilities to purchase health insurance, but that's something that would need to be discussed further.

Relevant Commands/Items

-

How will it benefit the server?

Goodbye communist San Andreas, pay your fair share!

Why would I pay for me being player killed? How am I supposed to go and roleplay being fee'd for dying, when I'm not supposed to roleplay my past death?

• Upvote 2
Just now, I Took The Risk said:

Why would I pay for me being player killed? How am I supposed to go and roleplay being fee'd for dying, when I'm not supposed to roleplay my past death?

When you're player killed you've passively been brought to the hospital and treated by medical professionals hence why you're still able to continue on playing as that character. 

3 minutes ago, AdamZZ said:

I dont see how this would benefit the servers RP to any degree though

It would make being player killed by someone else an actual loss other than ego. Also this will help LSFD with their revenue whether they actually need revenue is something the faction leaders of LSFD should chime in on before anyone looking in on the outside. Not to mention it makes perfect sense to charge a fee as health care is not free in the USA in which San Andreas is supposed to be a part of. 

This is not Europe folks, free health care is not a thing in the USA.

Edited by GothAngelSinner
1 minute ago, GothAngelSinner said:

It would make being player killed by someone else an actual loss other than ego. Also this will help LSFD with their revenue whether they actually need revenue is something the faction leaders of LSFD should chime in on before anyone looking in on the outside. Not to mention it makes perfect sense to charge a fee as health care is not free in the USA in which San Andreas is supposed to be a part of. 

Who said we are roleplaying the USA?

6 minutes ago, GothAngelSinner said:

Government factions don't /need/ scriptwise funding like this. They already get funding, which they can increase through RP- Giving them a cash cow like "every time someone gets PK'd they get a bunch of money" isn't needed.

It's not about players losing more than just their ego that's the problem here. If a new player gets PK'd and they make the money anything significant, like 5k. That player has lost an hour of progress which will, if anything, make them less enticed to play the server. Where as more established players won't care about any bills like this because OOC money is just something thats easy to acquire when you've had a decent amount of time on the server.

The whole thing about free health care is.. Again. It's RP. A player can't RP remembering their injury, cause of PK and so on. They can't remember anything that lead up to their PK. There isn't any Rp to be had there; And if there is, it should be left to the players discretion not a forcible fee. 

This honestly just feels like something that isnt needed.

2 minutes ago, AdamZZ said:

Government factions don't /need/ scriptwise funding like this. They already get funding, which they can increase through RP- Giving them a cash cow like "every time someone gets PK'd they get a bunch of money" isn't needed.

It's not about players losing more than just their ego that's the problem here. If a new player gets PK'd and they make the money anything significant, like 5k. That player has lost an hour of progress which will, if anything, make them less enticed to play the server. Where as more established players won't care about any bills like this because OOC money is just something thats easy to acquire when you've had a decent amount of time on the server.

The whole thing about free health care is.. Again. It's RP. A player can't RP remembering their injury, cause of PK and so on. They can't remember anything that lead up to their PK. There isn't any Rp to be had there; And if there is, it should be left to the players discretion not a forcible fee. 

This honestly just feels like something that isnt needed.

Tell me, where do you spawn when you've been player killed?