Steroids showing in /examine

Kappaurel

Detailed Description

The idea behind this suggestion is to bring some more fairness to the game. 

Steroids are being used on the server, like some other drugs, with the only purpose of obtaining advantages over other players. This is a fact. I am not saying that's 100% of the cases, but it happens.

While the use of steroids may not be something as easily recognizable as it happens with other substances, they may still be recognized by the effect they have upon the body of a person.

I could just refer you to any experience you may have had going to the gym, where you may have identified some of the obvious signs, but I'll just refer you to WikiHow 😂😂 https://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-Someone-Is-on-Steroids

Or to this video here

It is DEFINITELY not impossible or even hard to spot the usage of Steroids in a visual way. Although of course you could be mistaken, but same as it happens with every other drug.

I think some sort of drug effect on /examine would be very much fair, especially given the huge advantage Steroids grant (punches that deal DOUBLE the normal damage). So you know what you are facing.

Relevant Commands/Items

/examine

How will it benefit the server?

As explained before, given the huge advantage Steroids grant (virtually impossible to lose a fist fight, unless you are trash), it will bring fairness to the server, and HOPEFULLY help fight against the people who do Steroids like they are Starcraft Marines rushing into battle.

• Upvote 2

Honestly imo the steroid buff should either be nerfed or removed completely.

It's getting so boring to have people come into the gym or so, popping a steroid, and beating tf out of people who actually spend a fuck ton of time training, rping and building their character; only to be shown up by a 16 year old Davis hoodrat who pops roids.

In no world would a junkie or steroid abuser beat a professional MMA fighter; just because of the steroids. The fact that the steroids do more damage than knuckle dusters; whilst allowing you to keep dodging and so on is just.. Busted..

• Applaud 1

The melee damage for steroids is the equivalent of a hammer in game, shit is the most unrealistic thing on the server. The more muscle mass the less speed someone can throw a punch at, In reality steroids help with wrestling exchanges, and powering through clinches. When it comes to throwing punches the more muscle tends to require more oxygen meaning they will tire out more not having the cardio to keep up, the drug that people use to cheat in MMA or boxing etc would be called EPO which increases your red blood cells raising your hemoglobin levels increasing your cardio. Use Bob Sapp as a example of steroids in MMA and how ineffective they can be on their own https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Bob-Sapp-4416

Other than that +1 this makes 100% sense.

Edited by Moonlight
  • Upvote 1

@Moonlight @AdamZZ

Ngl, I heavily agree, but I know for a fact that requesting drugs to be nerfed is not going anywhere. So I am just asking for us to be able to easily spot drugs abusers so we can just avoid them or handle shit accordingly.

It's been a long time since GTAW sold off its "HRP" idea just to keep illegals happy. If that is what they want to do, making drugs be like in an RPG such as Fallout? It's their server, they may do as they want, I am just asking for us to be given the chance to spot and avoid certain people.

I called it over a year ago. People said I was crazy and didn't understand shit:

Hey guys - steroids are being changed in the upcoming drug overhaul. However, they won't display after one use, nor will they have effects after just one use (in my current draft, might change) and instead will rely on a more realistic and consistent use.

This will be added to our internal thread for reference. Thank you.

• Thanks 1