Closing NPC tattoos shop

Guest Ingram

I had a similar thought not long ago, as originally my character was intended to be a tattoo artist but IC circumstances changed that. I'm kinda on the fence with something like this as it'd be a big change. Maybe if there was a job, similar to how the mechanic job worked? Like you need a tattoo artist working there to be able to open and use the menu

Close it, no.  Require someone who is a tattoo artist (like mechanics), yes.

There are in fact people who play on this server when X is not available.  Concessions need to be made for them as well, otherwise, they'll leave because they can't do anything.

I think if it worked in the same way as garages, where customers need a mechanic to be present, it would add more to the game in the way of role-playing activity. If it was similar to the garage/mechanic combo there'd be a tattoo artist/barber job, or maybe just have the owner of the tattoo/barber shop be able to register certain people as working there so that when they're present players can use the scripted menu to get tattoos/haircuts (with accompanying role-play, of course).

Edited by Jetsoda

As a person operating a tattoo shop RP business for the last 3 weeks now, I'm all for this.

But with a small change to your initial suggestion. Instead of having to make it like the mechanic job where people are required to be at a certain point to recieve the modifications, make it so it's depending on the person with the tattoo job itself.
For example, say that someone with the tattoo artist job types in a command (/granttattoo [ID] or whatever), and then the client can accept the request (with something like /accepttattoo [ID] perhaps?), which would prompts the tattoo menu to open up for the client. 

That way, people are able to do get tattooed everywhere assuming that they have an artist, and it would create so much more roleplay out of the process.

- Custom shops? Yes! 

- Gang members getting initiated? Cool, they can get their gang tags inked in a house in the hood.
- Teenagers messing with a homemade kit? Same thing.

- Tattoo artists doing house calls to rich clients that prefer not to get tattooed in a shady shop? No problem!

And one final comment to all of this. Yes, this would definitely benefit me as I'm currently running a tattoo shop IC'ly. But at the same time, it will also benefit the server. Not all people want to be tattooed by a tiny white girl in Vinewood, and that's fine. I'm sure that there are other players with different types of characters that would appreciate a system like this in place, and could entertain other types of clientelle than my character can/will. 

I'm not suggesting this to limit the scripted tattoo shops already on the server, but provide an option for people wanting to roleplay the process, instead of just picking a tattoo in two seconds and leave. 

• Upvote 3

Have to look on the long term.

On short term it's nice as there's people around to keep this type of roleplay alive but what if suddenly they aren't around for various reason for an extended period or not available at time when someone need it? 

You'll just get people sending request to admins to allow them to have their tattoo for their character until those persons are back around.

You could solve part of this by only allowing NPC tattoo to character with less than 5 hours, like this it give them plenty of time to have their initial look up and running without the need to roleplay something that is default to their character. And after the 5 hours they have to RP it to a shop.

It doesn't solve the entire issue of the "What if suddenly people are gone.." but lessen it on one side. Not sure if it's possible though.

Edited by Th3Madjackal
i can't type okaaay
7 minutes ago, Th3Madjackal said:

Have to look on the long term.

On short term it's nice as there's people around to keep this type of roleplay alive but what if suddenly they aren't around for various reason for an extended period or not available at time when someone need it? 

You'll just get people sending request to admins to allow them to have their tattoo for their character until those persons are back around.

You could solve part of this by only allowing NPC tattoo to character with less than 5 hours, like this it give them plenty of time to have their initial look up and running without the need to roleplay something that is default to their character. And after the 5 hours they have to RP it to a shop.

It doesn't solve the entire issue of the "What if suddenly people are gone.." but lessen it on one side. Not sure if it's possible though.

I see what you mean, but at the same time, I would never force anyone to go to a shop, personally. And that's again speaking from the perspective of someone that runs one. 
Forcing people to come and roleplay things like that only makes the process less enjoyable for both parties and makes it feel more like a chore, from my experience. It's a lot better to simply provide an alternative for people that are interested, without forcing the ones that would prefer not to be involved in it.

Guest Ingram

Perhaps it can go on a test-run, people are not opening tattoos studios because mainly they won't get any profit out of it because people are using the NPC one.