[LSNN] Three months as Mayor of Los Santos: What has Marcus Cambridge done for the city? "He gave me motivation and hope, he is the best politician in San Andreas," many socially different citizens say

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Three months as Mayor of Los Santos: What has Marcus Cambridge done for the city? "He gave me motivation and hope, he is the best politician in San Andreas," many socially different citizens say

BY SIMON CAHILL

Los Santos, SA - Mayor Marcus Cambridge has been in office since June 2021, leading Los Santos, but what changes has he made since coming into the City Hall? Since taking office in June 2021, Mayor Cambridge made Los Santos a safer, more prosperous, more innovative and livable city for everyone, improving basic city services, strengthening working families, opening pathways to the middle class, and leading major initiatives to prepare Los Santos for the future.

ZRBp5w8.png

Mayor Marcus Cambridge

Marcus Cambridge marked his first three months in the City Hall. Should we celebrate the successful changes he has made since he achieved the said position or since before, in general as a politician, or is there still much to do before his changes can make an impact on Los Santos? LSNN spoke to many socially different citizens from Los Santos to share their valued opinions about politics. Here are some of the statements.

- Economic Growth, Homelessness and Healthcare

Due to an overhaul of the City's digital infrastructure, The Bureau of Licensing was required to cease their operations at July 2020. The City of Los Santos announced the reintroduction of Business Registrations in accordance with Business Code.

"Not only making the business world safer for everyone, both employees and employers, with encouraging and regulating business registrations, I also see raised paychecks in Los Santos' businesses that offer us a whole lot more and make us feel more valued. I'm not talking on individual level amongst businesses, I'm not talking about owners or managers' decisions on the matter, I'm talking about a general paycheck raise, or to explain it better, the minimal wage is raised and it doesn't go lower than a certain amount. I trust him in general, to the fullest. Let's talk about homelessness in the city. I've been a citizen of Los Santos since birth. Let me tell you this - Mr. Cambridge solved the homelessness issue in the city and opened the gates to having a successful community that knows they can reach out and be heard," started his statement a citizen from Rancho, referring to another change achieved and supported by The City of Los Santos, with then-City Operations Officer, Marcus Cambridge. Grand opening of B.J. Smith community center in Los Santos. The opening was the culmination of hard-work, dedication and planning. A crowning achievement of the department of Health and Human Services within The City of Los Santos. The community center provides community services and public information, providing a much-needed lifeline for local residents, such as: 

Employment support, encouragement, and gateway events
Private tutoring to assist young students with education
Physical and mental health support, assistance in medical and dentistry care
Promotion of a "safe space", providing multiple levels of welfare and social support
Guaranteed meals 24/7, completely complimentary

"We are missing a fundamental pillar of this community. Desmond put his heart and soul into this project, everything we have accomplished here is because of him and the path he has outlined for this project. While we mourn the loss of a figurehead of the community, we must also celebrate the birth of this fantastic resource. The team have worked so incredibly hard to bring us to this point and I cannot praise them enough, but their efforts speak for themselves. I am confident that those using the center will benefit immensely and I have full confidence the team will continue to expand this project to cover even more than it already does," was Mr. Cambridge's statement on the matter.

Pillbox Hill Medical Center is apart of the Health and Human Services department, focusing around the core concept of medical and inpatient care. The facility houses a large and diverse number of staff helping bring quality services throughout its interactions with the community.

"I was a patient twice in Pillbox Medical Center. Despite the unfortunate health-related problems I was facing, I truly had a great stay there. The hospital is up to standards to the fullest, I literally can not think of any complaint, or any negative experience from there. I would like to use this opportunity to thank the whole medical team there who helped me a lot through my surgeries, but also, to point it out that in my opinion, it's The City's Health and Human Services Department's great achievement too. They are responsible for the oversight of the medical practitioners and so on, what else can be said about the healthcare in Los Santos? I am fully satisfied with it. I believe Mayor Marcus Cambridge is also to be thanked about the healthcare system we have, he is leading the city forward, bringing us to success on a humane and caring way. He puts our needs above his own needs. What else can I say about having such a Mayor? I truly hope he will achieve another mandate too," says another citizen from Vespucci.

- City Transport and Infrastructure

"I remember him since he started his career. He has done so much for the city, along with his COO Robert Strenge, even before they got appointed on their positions. He is a very humane person. I can never stop appreciating the community center in Chamberlain Hills. I spoke about a change that dates before he got appointed as a Mayor, but under his supervision in the City Government. Allow me to speak about one more thing. Los Santos is the leader in the region with it's successful transport. Just take a look at the tender for city transport services. It was required of the applicants for the said tender to have a well-developed employee recruitment policy and well-financed driver training program. That tells you enough, he and his team care a lot about us, the citizens of Los Santos. As for infrastructure, well, take a look around us, it's pretty self-explanatory about his achievements in the said field. I don't have too much time to stand here with you and elaborate further on this, I have to go to back to work and I will let others to speak, but he will always hold a special spot to me," a citizen from Mission Row tells LSNN.

- Culture

Amongst the many events brought to us by the Department of Cultural Affairs within the City of Los Santos, citizens chose to speak about two events precisely the most. The Monty Python Tribute organized at 12th June, by Deputy Director of the Department of Cultural Affairs, Bianca Russo, in the Los Santos Amphitheater had a great success, with many satisfied visitors who came to enjoy a great insight of Los Santos' culture. Furthermore, the 4th July event held at the Legion Square, which was a great way to pay respect to the Independence Day. 

"It's not only these two events, these two events are just my favorite events. Otherwise, I can honestly say, months ago, I haven't been interested in culture. The Department of Cultural Affairs, Bianca Russo to be more precise, sparked an interest about culture in me. I've been on events she has organized, I've seen her statements, it's simply beautiful. Now I'm a frequent follower of culture events," a citizen from Hawick tells LSNN. 

"Mayor Cambridge made Los Santos a better city, he gave me motivation and hope, he is the best politician in San Andreas. I can give you many examples on why I think this, but I will tell you one thing, just take a look at the housing project. Solving the housing issues is very important in every city," said a citizen from Downtown Los Santos, one of many socially different citizens who were of the same opinion, exclusively for LSNN.

Y8l4IDT.png

vBDvzT0.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by Velja
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Username: Tom

Comment: Mayor Cambridge is indeed the best politician in San Andreas, nothing new here. I've also followed him since the beginning of his career and he's the best, he done a lot for LS. I want to see him on TV, LSSN what you waiting for? Invite him for an interview.

8 minutes ago, Hepner said:

Username: Tom

Comment: Mayor Cambridge is indeed the best politician in San Andreas, nothing new here. I've also followed him since the beginning of his career and he's the best, he done a lot for LS. I want to see him on TV, LSSN what you waiting for? Invite him for an interview.

Username: Alien

Comment: Marcus Cambridge has been on LSNN TV. Btw he's so handsome 😍