Property Inactivity based on number of times entered

serah

Short description: House Property inactivity based on the amount of times the owner/tenants press Y to enter the interior, instead of frequent game hours or last online stats.

Detailed description:

Add an attribute to each property that tracks the amount of times an owner or tenant presses Y to enter it, averaged over a span of days using math similar to that of ABAS/avg activity calculations. If the average of the recorded data is below a certain metric, defined as a minimum activity level, the property will then be reviewed by PM (or automatically re-sold to the map if the number is low enough over a long period.)

In the current system, property inactivity requires a manual review, and checks only if the owner of said property is actively playing GTA:W, despite the fact that the owner may not using the property they own for weeks at a time.

For example, let's say I own a house in Paleto bay, but I'm in PD. All I do is play PD, 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I login, go on pduty, logout at the station after a few hours. On paper, I am VERY active, and any inactivity checks on me would be refused/resolved that I am definitely in-game all the time and therefore must be actively using my property, right...? Except I haven't stepped foot in my fancy exclusive Paleto house but once or twice in over past several weeks. This is cut and dry property inactivity, and needs to be tracked through a more tangible, accurate, and actionable metric due to the severe lack of standalone houses. 

Instead of an admin checking an owner's last online, or viewing the charted hours/activity in the UCP by manual review, there should be a warning message that both PM and the property owner/tenants receive if a property owner or the property's tenants fall under an average amount of activity measured through this enter/exit system. This will make it MUCH more difficult for scalpers and home snipers to maliciously acquire and hold properties, and require very little back-end work to accomplish.

So what would the math look like?

Let's say hypothetically you enter your property every one or two days for a month straight. With this metric, you are at the highest measurable level of activity and in good standing with this system. Great job.

But what if you barely go into your property once a week? That's likely only 4 times in a 30 day period. Your average number of entries into the property over the measured 30 day period would be extremely low, and you would be issued a notification warning as well as PM notified of this behavior; perhaps notified with a message of your low property activity and that you are at-risk of it being removed from you if the average does not improve. After all, if you're not using the property but 4 times in a month, what is the point of you having it?

Exceptions should be made in cases of LOA, and it would be beneficial to contact the home owner/tenants prior to any property removal to avoid any misunderstandings.

I'm sure an appropriate number of entries into-> property / month could be calculated by more math savvy minds than my own, but this is the jist of my suggestion.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Reducing the problem of property scalping/malicious property holding and soft inactivity. Wherein a user has active playtime but does not actively use property they own.

Additional information: 

edit: this suggestion is primarily aimed at standalone house properties, not apartments. there are far more apartments that exist than standalone houses.

Edited by serah
edited for clarity
  • Upvote 2

Fantastic idea and all, but. I think it's only really useful for businesses as houses would be used in the hours you don't play, say your character doesn't sleep on the streets or at the station, and it would be frustrating to lose that asset. Now to contradict what I just said, houses in the county for example should be only used by people who actually roleplay in the county, actively, and not owned by ricers with 7 cars and pink neon lighting under each one of them. The current inactivity for houses is fine as is, in my opinion, but this suggestion could definitely work for businesses, garages and other types of properties to give players that actually want to do those types of activities the opportunity to do so. 

2 minutes ago, WatchingEye said:

Fantastic idea and all, but. I think it's only really useful for businesses as houses would be used in the hours you don't play, say your character doesn't sleep on the streets or at the station, and it would be frustrating to lose that asset. Now to contradict what I just said, houses in the county for example should be only used by people who actually roleplay in the county, actively, and not owned by ricers with 7 cars and pink neon lighting under each one of them. The current inactivity for houses is fine as is, in my opinion, but this suggestion could definitely work for businesses, garages and other types of properties to give players that actually want to do those types of activities the opportunity to do so. 

Why are you against people with seven cars and neon lights owning a house in the county?

11 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Why are you against people with seven cars and neon lights owning a house in the county?

Because there is no mallrat culture in county, and these people do not RP in county. The limited number of houses in county means they should ideally be limited to application-based, and rationed only to characters with actual intention to RP in the area.

12 minutes ago, Farmer said:

I'm not, I think it's perfectly normal and it's the best roleplay you could ever engage in as a player on the grand theft auto world server. 

But in all seriousness, what serah said. 

6 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

I don't like this, I'm a very active player, I play every day but I hate indoors RP, I use my house when I have to and not when a script wants me to do it.

And I'm not gonna get rid of my house because I use it, not as much as many people but I use it.

"I RP a lot but I don't ever use my house"

This suggestion is about you :^)