Fuel Types for Vehicles

Short description: Fuel Types for Vehicles

Detailed description: Add the ability to refuel vehicles with petrol or diesel fuel types, and disable the vehicle's engine after X amount of time if the wrong fuel has been put in. Fuel type for each vehicle can be added to /vstats, and they can be assigned by vehicle category such as sport, industrial, off-road, etcetera. Once the engine cuts off, the vehicle should need towing and a repair from a garage (perhaps the $500 inspection option).

Commands to add: /refuel <fuel type>

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Creates a more realistic environment and gives vehicles a more life-like factor, seeing as people do occasionally put the wrong fuel into their vehicles in real life and have to deal with the consequences. This would enhance the refuelling experience, and provide further roleplay for those that fail to pay attention to their fuel type.

Additional information: Current script could be changed to force players out of their vehicle to refuel, perhaps stand by the rear quarter of their vehicle for the duration rather than sitting inside as though at an automated gas station.

I support this as-is but thinking about it more, this would open a whole new span of possibilities, with possibly some mild scripting to help.

For example, say we just have jet fuel, gasoline and diesel. We could then have trucking companies move said gasoline from wells/refineries to gas stations, etc.

Additionally, a new "road transport safety" company could open and issue certifications for different fuel types (among other things they could assume responsibility for), and transport companies would have to follow those regulations/acquire certifications and "train" their employees. If they transport things without certifications, they could get fined or something.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but there's my thoughts on its potential.

+1

• 7 months later...