Interior Door Not Opening

Mayor ODoyle

Hello from your favorite O'Doyle.

The apartment I recently purchased came without a door on the bathroom.  So, I bought a door and moved it into place but it wouldn't open/close.  Help on Discord said I needed to but a doorlock and install that.  I did that, and now I can lock and unlock the door but it still won't open/close.  Not sure if I'm supposed to set some sort properties on the door or something.

As always, I appreciate any help.

52 minutes ago, effion said:

Delete the door and place the same variant (or another) and then put a lock.

So, when I /removelock it tells me I've removed the lock from the door, yet no lock appears in my inventory and I can still lock/unlock the door.

I've sold the door, then replaced with the same model.  When I try to /placelock it says I need to buy a lock, yet I can still lock/unlock the door and doing /removelock still tells me that I've removed the lock from the door. Door still will not open/close.

This is the third door variant I've tried.

7 minutes ago, Mayor ODoyle said:

So, when I /removelock it tells me I've removed the lock from the door, yet no lock appears in my inventory and I can still lock/unlock the door.

I've sold the door, then replaced with the same model.  When I try to /placelock it says I need to buy a lock, yet I can still lock/unlock the door and doing /removelock still tells me that I've removed the lock from the door. Door still will not open/close.

This is the third door variant I've tried.

/removelock only removes the lock, it doesn't give it back to you.

You'll need to buy a new one from a hardware store.

However if a replacement door of the same variant doesn't work then you'll have to use another door - some doors are bugged.

8 hours ago, effion said:

However if a replacement door of the same variant doesn't work then you'll have to use another door - some doors are bugged.

Effi, I'm sorry but I've tried 4 different door variants with 4 different locks and none of them will open.

I feel like there's something fundamental I'm missing here.  I'm buying the door through /fur.  I don't know what other information to provide.

I can't rent this place till I get a door on the bathroom.  Please.  Help...

17 hours ago, Mayor ODoyle said:

Effi, I'm sorry but I've tried 4 different door variants with 4 different locks and none of them will open.

I feel like there's something fundamental I'm missing here.  I'm buying the door through /fur.  I don't know what other information to provide.

I can't rent this place till I get a door on the bathroom.  Please.  Help...

You place the door, put the lock on it, and then it should allow you to lock/unlock it with 'L'. You're probably finding that you are locking/unlocking the PROPERTY rather than the door - so ensure you /placelock & then stand right by it and press 'L' to unlock it, it's quite hard to tell the two apart.

Just now, Fuzzy said:

You place the door, put the lock on it, and then it should allow you to lock/unlock it with 'L'. You're probably finding that you are locking/unlocking the PROPERTY rather than the door - so ensure you /placelock & then stand right by it and press 'L' to unlock it, it's quite hard to tell the two apart.

I just took the fucking door out.  Fuck that door.

• Woona locked this topic