Corpse system

Orcaninja

Just now, Wisci said:

The idea would be that the body would be able to be disposed of by the killers. If it's properly disposed of, it'd show some text in the air if you're in a very close proximity.

If the body is left to rot, I would imagine it would be best to have the body be removed, and some text or a marker would signify that a body was laying there in a more typical range.

Sorry, but not supporting it.

Sounds pretty silly and RPGish for me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Samantha said:

Sorry, but not supporting it.

Sounds pretty silly and RPGish for me.

Yeah but right now there's no indication of a body being left. Someone can be shot down on Grove Street and there's no indicator for other people to react to the body left there. Do you think there's a better way of handling it?

This would give consequence to people who don't deal with a body properly after killing. You could RP disposing of it as you pleased.

In my opinion, it's pretty 'RPGish' that bodies just magically disappear into thin air.

Edited by Wisci

I'd like to support this, It gives the Fire Department roleplay, Detectives more roleplay. it's like I can gun someone down and within the next two minutes, I wait until they accept to vanish. Once they vanish I'm in the clear and basically just got away with murder with no indication but if there was a body I'd have to get rid of it realistically.

I support it fully. For CKs 100% and maybe for PKs too. 

There would need to be scripts for disposing of bodies, and if it's going to be realistic, evidence. It would give PD actual evidence to take down factions instead of the minor incriminating things taking down an entire faction.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:30 PM, Michael said:

For CKs, yeah the body stays and the name is attached. PKs do get messy though, it would have to be roleplayed without a name being said, just a murder that might have evidence pointing at X.

I don't like to promote the idea that PKs shouldn't still have harsh criminal charges if the responsible party is stupid enough to get caught. Maybe all bodies by default have the name wiped?

I'm not sure if it can be scripted but if someone ends up dead, either PK or CK, once they /acceptdeath and they respawn at the hospital they could leave a duplicated character of their character at the place where they did /acceptdeath, the name tag would be wiped out tho to avoid any "confusion" and even some PG/MG.
The PD then could also have some sort of commands scripted so they can properly investigate the body, maybe a command that would show what kind of weapon they used to kill that person. After a while, the body could just "magically" disappear if nobody interacts with it.

Eventually there will be more corpse than garbage to collect around the city and not everyone is going to like to play as coroner, and police will get annoyed of dead bodies everywhere. You'll see a dead player somewhere, nobody is around and no clues to "investigate". so I'm semi supporting this, I believe this script will get annoying at some point.

Edited by Ingram