Server lacks a lot in terms of illegal aspects

BigDrip

15 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Give me your fucking money now! *Player pulls out his baseball bat*, LOL.  Everyone robbing stores and other players with baseball bats.

I genuinely don't think I've ever seen someone get robbed by a baseball bat in game, let alone a store.

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Most drug dealers do not accumulate more than the necessary wealth to survive. Only the higher-ups possess the ability to accumulate an extraordinary amount of wealth from narcotics sales.

Twenty guns a month? I've witnessed hundreds of firearms within the past few weeks. It's only twenty a month per supplier, if any thing.

People with C.C.F. and P.F. licenses are actually trained to shoot a firearm, as they possess access to countless firearm's training courses as legal carriers. Welcome to the U.S., where legal carriers shoot criminals that are trespassing on their property. Countless stories of single mothers and 14 year-old children shooting home invaders.

Good chunnk of people purchase narcotics for the R.P. experience, not the scripted benefits.

Unsatisfied with illegal faction R.P.? Then, create your own.

Finally, manifest creative illegal operations to satisfy your desire for criminal R.P.

I live in TEXAS, home of guns baby. I know how it is. Also, it's WAY easier to have access to guns illegally irl just walk up and ask for a gun in the streets.  

3 minutes ago, Max3 said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever seen someone get robbed by a baseball bat in game, let alone a store.

That's pretty sad, I've seen it a lot, and experience it a lot at a store. Ask PD.  They'll tell you the same shit.

Just now, BigDrip said:

Can't really discuss with just okay, gotta put in more thought on your comment, thanks bud.

There really isn't much to discuss, to be frank. You seem to be entirely mistaken with your thread.

6 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

First, 20 guns a month is literally not enough for a 500 player based server.

You ever wonder why that is? 20 guns a month for suppliers is meant to be a sort of invitation for illegal factions to explore other means of solving conflicts on the server. Civil discussion, while not always an option for factions, is still encouraged as to prevent toxicity and deathmatching. However, one can also use melee weapons which you can easily acquire in real life as well as in the game. It is not that hard to find something hard to hit someone with in game or in real life. Not all violence needs to require guns.

8 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Give me your fucking money now! *Player pulls out his baseball bat*

If you were in a situation where you were threatened with a blunt object like a bat, knife, shiv, or brass knuckles, all while being outnumbered and/or completely confused as to the situation you are in, I'd guarantee you'd hand over your money. Not everyone in real life has a pistol. Not every gang member is able to snatch a Glock from their friend and rob someone. In my mind, melee objects being used for robberies are just fine.

11 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Everyone robbing stores and other players with baseball bats.

Stores I understand being frustrated with, but players makes sense. Refer to my above statement.

11 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Third people, who rp legally aren't afraid to pull the trigger, outrageous amount of PF license.

Let's break this down really quick. If you are being robbed, and you have a concealed firearm on you, why would you not act in self defense? PF licenses are meant for this exact purpose, it is why you can't use them for illegal activities. If you are not allowed to use them for self defense, what are you allowed to use them for? Cooking? The parts? I don't see the issue here.

15 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Fourth there are way more benefits in getting money on the server through the legal side of things than it is illegally.

Okay, this seems to be your main problem. Illegal roleplay, believe it or not, is not just about increasing your in game clout. It is about the development of your character, what your character would do in an interesting situation. If you are playing the illegal character just to increase your funds in game, you really should rethink your reasoning for roleplaying.

Also, why wouldn't people get benefits for following the law? Illegal money comes slow, both in real life and in game. If the server were to somehow adjust how illegal roleplayers get money to something higher than legal roleplayers, no one would legally roleplay. Again, it is about the development of your character, not increasing your in game cash.

18 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Fifth drugs on the server don't really add any benefits to players. IRL drugs are popular, drug dealers make a decent amount of money, but can't use it because it's drug money.

There are systems that need to be fleshed out for sure with drugs on the server, but generally benefits or addictions are on the player to roleplay. I don't see a huge issue with the current system. If anything, you should be encouraging the players to roleplay the benefits and the downsides of drugs.

20 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

Sixth gang rp is a joke on the server.  Not all factions, SSCC is an awesome example of how to role-play while portraying a realistic gang. 

Well, why not create your own faction, show everyone in the illegal roleplay section how it is done? If you feel that gang roleplay needs some innovation, do it. No one is stopping you from trying with a few buddies to create a nice and detailed roleplay environment.

Hope this clears things up with my sentiments.

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

1st, guns are lucrative business, but mostly on legal side where big stores have suppliers from the factories where guns are assembled. Blackmarket? Nobody pulled millions over that so far. Plus 20 guns I think is okay, do you wanna see influx of guns? There are sooo many guns around already, plus people also sell stolen guns so wth. 2nd Baseball bat is common tool for sports so not really an illegal thing and its more common on the streets than a gun. 3rd I agree with this one, it's hilarious. 4th Crime does pay, but only if you do it at large, small dealers are never rich and never will be.

5th Only benefit a drug ever had for a dealer is that it's addictive, it gets people hooked up on it's high so no idea what you talking about. they don't sell much cause roleplaying an addict isn't really popular. 6th Gangs here are born and gone daily, each one claiming to have history in area they want to be.

No, there's a thing called server lore and this thing should be consistent. You cannot be a damn XYZ Trece deeply rooted in Forum Drive when for example this Bloods gang faction was created before yours and they rp there. You push them away yes, you can, but don't claim it's your turf when it isn't.

We all know baseball bats on this server is used to rob due to how hard it is to get a gun illegally.

12 minutes ago, liafriuli said:

This topic is just a simple rage. Come up with actual solutions and ideas, this is not productive. 

Rage in what way? Confused, I'm speaking facts, sorry if you're offended. 

Edited by BigDrip

What is wrong with criminal rp is people not rping a life but rping an "action movie" It's actually tiring and annoying to see the potential on a lot of factions on this server to only be limited to buy cocaine, sell cocaine, buy gun, sell gun. Criminals are not in crime because they want to buy and sell illegal shit. It's about making money, is there an issue of earning huge amounts of money from crime as oppossed to legal rp? Yes, but any type of criminal with a little bit of planning can make enough to portray a correct criminal lifestyle.

There is a lack of social aspect of criminals on this server, majority of the players are in it for the "bang" Older mobsters should be spending their days at the golf club, or fishing on their boat. Younger criminals would be rushing to their local designer shop to buy gucci shirts and gold chains and hit the club at night and spend obscene amounts of cash treating everyone on their expense with their "ill gotten gains"

Seems like majority of the players are forgetting that criminals are not posted up 24/7 to commit crime weather it's organised or gang they have social lives and even jobs. Roleplay on a server like this is supposed to be a slow burn, you are not supposed to sling dope every night you log in and you are not supposed to be getting into shoot outs every other night either.

The problem is asset hoarding, half of the players on this server are afraid to spend their money for RP, they don't want to pay $10k for a rolex because it's not an actual thing and it's only "rp" They don't wanna pay 2k for a bottle of expensive champagne because it gives no benefit to them. This kind of mentality is what needs to change. While criminal rp needs a lot more support from the development side, there is plenty that can be done right now. But the social aspect of a criminal is what's lacking on this server. Everyone just plays a straight up hard ass when in reality it's nothing like that. Not every single criminal is a sociopath so people need to stop rping like it's the case.

Edited by shiroq
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, nateX said:

Seems like you got into a bad group to RP with. I can't agree with any of your points beside the PF guns.

That's a joke right?  Look at my screens.  That's clearly a joke "bad group", lmao they know how to portray realistic illegal rp.  

Just now, BigDrip said:

Rage in what way? Confused, I'm speaking facts, sorry if you're offended. 

All you said so far is you find the illegal roleplay shit and you quit the server. Okay? What you imagine, what will happen after this? Break down your problems, create a bigger suggestion, convince your buddies to support your idea then you can achieve change. Creating a thread and saying that you are not satisfied with something is nothing but rage if you are not putting solutions on the plate. If illegal roleplay is crucial for you, I would suggest to create a faction where you can play by your rules and to create detailed, thoughtful suggestions. 

• Cara locked this topic