Discord issues while playing GTA

Crizzy

Hi, I recently started to have big problems when I play GTA with my Discord. I'm not sure if it's just because of RageMP, or because of GTA World or because of GTA V or just because of my PC. I got a GTX 970 4gb, i5 2300 @ 2.8ghz and 8gb RAM and my CPU is always 100% used and I tried everything to solve that problem but even when I'm on desktop it's 100%. So, my problem is the fact that when I'm driving on the server my Discord starts lagging and I really don't know how to fix the problem. I'm open to suggestions and if you need more info I will reply as fast as I can.

I would recommend not using any voice (VoIP) during your in-game experience to prevent any chance of MG.

However, as part of your issue, down where it said “Voice Connected” there are 3 bars similar to your cell phone reception.

It it continuously green? Does it drop when you drive?

Discord usage requires very little resources to function, so I highly doubt it’s the game.

I know that sometimes if I’m playing with friends in Warzone while downloading or uploading my game is fine but my VoIP connection’s latency suffers thus resulting in choppy communication.

Edited by Bash
Added NOT after recommend.
2 hours ago, Crizzy said:

Hi, I recently started to have big problems when I play GTA with my Discord. I'm not sure if it's just because of RageMP, or because of GTA World or because of GTA V or just because of my PC. I got a GTX 970 4gb, i5 2300 @ 2.8ghz and 8gb RAM and my CPU is always 100% used and I tried everything to solve that problem but even when I'm on desktop it's 100%. So, my problem is the fact that when I'm driving on the server my Discord starts lagging and I really don't know how to fix the problem. I'm open to suggestions and if you need more info I will reply as fast as I can.

Some people have issues with Discord making their games drop FPS or their CPU might bottleneck. It can usually be resolved by turning off Hardware Acceleration. Give it a shot and see if it works.

Discord > Settings > Appearance > Hardware Acceleration > Turn it to the OFF position (grey, not blue)

Be sure you are not in any game when you disable it.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I would recommend not using any voice (VoIP) during your in-game experience to prevent any chance of MG.

However, as part of your issue, down where it said “Voice Connected” there are 3 bars similar to your cell phone reception.

It it continuously green? Does it drop when you drive?

Discord usage requires very little resources to function, so I highly doubt it’s the game.

I know that sometimes if I’m playing with friends in Warzone while downloading or uploading my game is fine but my VoIP connection’s latency suffers thus resulting in choppy communication.

Well, it depends on my router because I got Wi-Fi connection and my router is really far away from me. But usually I got green signal and no, I'm not downloading/uploading anything while playing the game.

1 hour ago, Fergie said:

Some people have issues with Discord making their games drop FPS or their CPU might bottleneck. It can usually be resolved by turning off Hardware Acceleration. Give it a shot and see if it works.

Discord > Settings > Appearance > Hardware Acceleration > Turn it to the OFF position (grey, not blue)

Be sure you are not in any game when you disable it.

I already do that and to be honest, it doesn't work for me. But I think the problem is because my CPU si always 100% used and the main reason is something called "System Idle Process".

3 hours ago, Crizzy said:

Well, it depends on my router because I got Wi-Fi connection and my router is really far away from me. But usually I got green signal and no, I'm not downloading/uploading anything while playing the game.

I already do that and to be honest, it doesn't work for me. But I think the problem is because my CPU si always 100% used and the main reason is something called "System Idle Process".

RIP I didn’t see the CPU generation you have. You’re maxed out and definitely bottlenecking

• 1 month later...