/isafk

netflix

In regards to what is being said above, I feel it would be better to have this command (/isafk ID) in because instead of jumping to a conclusion of them being AFK, you can actually check and not waste an admin's time by doing a report (people do rush away for a split moment for an IRL issue). Things happen IRL and some people just don't have time to respond, I feel if you see the person was only gone a few seconds before/after the RP (By checking with /isafk ID) then you wait patiently for a brief amount of time, then you have a actual reason to do a valid /re. Some people during RP just stand there looking like a statue, people have one of those days when you do not relate with passive RP and just look like a stone wall, it doesn't mean they're not there. Only way to check is with /isafk ID - It doesn't breach any rules so why not. +1 Support. 

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

If you robbing someone and he’snot responding, /report it and anadmin would easily able to check if he is actually afk or just fake it.. good solution for you buddy?

Sure, maybe in a perfect world where there's always at least one admin online actually doing admin work and not just being AFK himself/herself. Alot of times when I report something the admins answer 10 minutes or even 30 minutes later. Incase we have to go AFK for whatever reason but we don't want to disconnect or find a "safe" place to AFK, it would be nice to have a command that will pop up the "AFK" tag above your head like it happens when you are getting timed out so the others will know you are not currently available for RP.

A better afk system is needed in the first place. Currently I think it only works on position of character because I was kicked for afk multiple times just because I was doing things I needed to stay still for (like character looks or outfit modification, placing furniture etc).

But if that is improved I see no reason not to have /isAfk or even a /brb to mark yourself as afk while you handle whatever quick thing comes up irl

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, MalteseWolf said:

A better afk system is needed in the first place. Currently I think it only works on position of character because I was kicked for afk multiple times just because I was doing things I needed to stay still for (like character looks or outfit modification, placing furniture etc).

But if that is improved I see no reason not to have /isAfk or even a /brb to mark yourself as afk while you handle whatever quick thing comes up irl

I can certainly agree. I just don't see any obvious solutions, and of course people should be able to go afk for a brief time. I'm just saying in certain situations, it would be an advantage to have this sort of ability, rather than not having it.

And it's not really going to be something you can abuse. Unless people would rather not want others to know, if they are afk or not.

1 hour ago, MalteseWolf said:

This one is fair but can be abused

6 minutes ago, Samantha said:

Auto hot key script to abuse paychecks.. etc..

I'm pretty sure he means that /isafk cannot be abused.

But your point is, that people can use scripts to keep getting paychecks..

Well, what is stopping people from doing that right now?  I don't see that anything suggested in this post, would increase that problem.

11 minutes ago, Samantha said:

Auto hot key script to abuse paychecks.. etc..

So what you're saying is that we should remove all commands because you can literally make a bind for anything if you're saying that then. /f, /b /t without any sort of response and it works the way as well. So /isafk is still a perfectly great suggestion, which in the bigger picture makes more sense to be put in. Just saw Netflix's response above ^ - Exactly my point. 

Edited by Christofo
  • Dopli locked this topic