Assetto Corsa

StewartOff

I'm pretty sure it would've been a better experience with a wheel instead of my mouse but I kind of expected way more from it. These singleplayer races are fun but it just feels like a ton of random battles with bots. Multiplayer on the other hand offers some decent servers with custom maps and cars but it simply isn't it. Maybe I have a wrong mindset and if you don't want to spend hours and hours practising all the corners and pushing the car to its limits then this isn't a game for you.

29 minutes ago, Kenni said:

I'm pretty sure it would've been a better experience with a wheel instead of my mouse but I kind of expected way more from it. These singleplayer races are fun but it just feels like a ton of random battles with bots. Multiplayer on the other hand offers some decent servers with custom maps and cars but it simply isn't it. Maybe I have a wrong mindset and if you don't want to spend hours and hours practising all the corners and pushing the car to its limits then this isn't a game for you.

So you're telling me that Assetto Corsa doesn't impress you and follow that up by saying you're using a mouse? It's a driving sim. What the hecc did you expect? I'm honestly astonished, that's some dummy shit.

Edited by Marksman
Just now, Marksman said:

So you're telling me that Assetto Corsa doesn't impress you and follow that up by saying you're using a mouse? It's a driving sim. What the hecc did you expect? I'm honestly astonished, that's some dummy shit.

You get it wrong, that's the thing. I'm not saying it sucks as a driving simulator nor that it feels awful while driving (why wouldn't it on a keyboard+mouse setup), I'm just saying that I expected more from the game itself. I just wish it offered something more than just typical racing tracks and that "Start the game, choose the map, choose the car, drive" feeling to it. 

Just now, Kenni said:

You get it wrong, that's the thing. I'm not saying it sucks as a driving simulator nor that it feels awful while driving (why wouldn't it on a keyboard+mouse setup), I'm just saying that I expected more from the game itself. I just wish it offered something more than just typical racing tracks and that "Start the game, choose the map, choose the car, drive" feeling to it. 

You realize it came out 6 years ago right? The whole reason it's still popular is because of the modding support it receives from its players. Thats also what makes the game great. The mods. You'd also feel a lot less bored if you played it the way it was intended.

9 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You realize it came out 6 years ago right? The whole reason it's still popular is because of the modding support it receives from its players. Thats also what makes the game great. The mods. You'd also feel a lot less bored if you played it the way it was intended.

Why would you use the argument about it's age to defend it? You kind of proved my point, it's still popular because of the modding support it receives from its players. The game itself isn't that great and that's what I was saying. There could've been so much more stuff put into it so you wouldn't really need mods to save it. It doesn't really look well when people buy your game just because of all the mods that some other people created. I might be wrong and it's not like I hate the game, I just feel like they didn't spend enough time on the actual game, because the simulation itself is great.

4 minutes ago, Kenni said:

Why would you use the argument about it's age to defend it? You kind of proved my point, it's still popular because of the modding support it receives from its players. The game itself isn't that great and that's what I was saying. There could've been so much more stuff put into it so you wouldn't really need mods to save it. It doesn't really look well when people buy your game just because of all the mods that some other people created. I might be wrong and it's not like I hate the game, I just feel like they didn't spend enough time on the actual game, because the simulation itself is great.

I use the age of the game, because it is a very basic game in terms of content. It is a FANTASTIC driving/racing simulator. It does that superbly. You don't experience that because you don't use a wheel. You do not get the most important thing out of the game because you do not have the proper equipment. It's an old game that did not have a AAA budget so the content is reflected on that. Lucky for you, there are so so so many mods to give you enjoyment. Want to race on a near identical representation of the LA Canyons? Mod for that. Japanese Wangan? Mod for that. Romanian mountains? Mod for that. And all the cars inbetween.

• Upvote 1