Hip-Hop & Rap discussion

Arthur

10 minutes ago, cracked said:

ew dont be those guys, like honestly

lil pump has talent

smokepurpp has talent

creating their image, the image they've created of themselves, took effort and time

creating their beats and regularly pumping out songs, took effort and time

their lyrics is mindless shit, sure, but they took the time to make it, gather a fanbase etc

and lets be honest

you can get lit to alotta their songs

i dont have a single lil pump song on my playlists, but if im with a few friends drinkin n havin fun and a lil pump song comes on? ill rock with it cuz it doesnt sound bad, doesnt give me fuckin arthritis

I don't hate on creators, they put the time in and make money but i don't know how do people find that music enjoyable lol. It's the fans who are complete morons and will eat that shit. Like how can you compare that shit nowdays to oldschool legends like eazy,biggie,2pac..

9 hours ago, wIZZBY said:

Like how can you compare that shit nowdays to oldschool legends like eazy,biggie,2pac

No one ever compares it, at all. It's two entirely different lanes - and no one even defines it as Hip-Hop anymore (atleast rational thinkers). 

The reason it's so widely enjoyed is the fact it's so post-modern and easy to pick up etc. No one is going to be like "oh, hey, some guy who relies purely on his adlibbing ability is better lyrically than X person you just mentioned above."

You can call someone a "moron" for like something that's again, simplistic and fairly easy on the ears, but that doesn't make it true.

Moreover - the lyrical content is near the same, it's just 10x less articulate than it used to be, which really doesn't make much of a difference, more syllables doesn't imply any form of intelligence. Brag rap has existed since the very beginning, I don't see why people suddenly have an issue with it in the 2010's.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:00 PM, aloegarten said:

No one ever compares it, at all. It's two entirely different lanes - and no one even defines it as Hip-Hop anymore (atleast rational thinkers). 

The reason it's so widely enjoyed is the fact it's so post-modern and easy to pick up etc. No one is going to be like "oh, hey, some guy who relies purely on his adlibbing ability is better lyrically than X person you just mentioned above."

You can call someone a "moron" for like something that's again, simplistic and fairly easy on the ears, but that doesn't make it true.

Moreover - the lyrical content is near the same, it's just 10x less articulate than it used to be, which really doesn't make much of a difference, more syllables doesn't imply any form of intelligence. Brag rap has existed since the very beginning, I don't see why people suddenly have an issue with it in the 2010's.

the sad thing is people thinking they're cool because their go-to golden age artists are the same 3-4 artists (in this case biggie pac and eazy, eazy was shit by the way and had people writing for him), the elitism is not at elite as they think it is

i'm not a fan of modern content today either but having the most common 90s artists as an example is the most overused argument i seen, and what's worse is their overall image and content was the same as most you see today

tldr wow you know the biggest names of 90s hiphop cool guy . . . . . .

Edited by shaobadman
  • Upvote 1
On 12/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, kilerbite said:

Wasn't expecting a new song with Wu Tang, but here it goes. Released 2 months ago.

wu tang sucks

there's a reason rza made only one copy of that album that only martin shkreli got a hold of, 36 chambers was a great album and (most of) their solo albums were good too, then they made nothing good after the 90s because i assume the fame went to their heads

On 1/14/2018 at 11:39 AM, Raven said:

too many skrt fuck on a bitch dont know her name. skrt skrt ice on my wrist idiots nowadays trying to be popular with 0 effort. yeah im one of those guys to claim that rap game rn is just to hype you up to mumbling nonsense. 

i don't like it either but in the same way hiphop of the 80s and 90s had a section where drum breaks were dj'd for parties and dancing, mumble music is what people seem to vibe to, i don't suppose they're on it for the lyrical content

Just now, Wyatt said:

I don't really listen to the older artists just saying I don't know where the abundance of autotune came from

ye that's right lmao

in early 90s if they sang then they sang but for some reason autotune and singing is in hiphop now it's a really weird trend but it sells apparently

are we supposed to link music in this thread or just discuss

• Gall locked this topic