Illegal scam limit reaction.

Legate

So I got scammed for 136k icly today in what was supposed to be a gun deal. Paid the dude and he just drove off. I didn’t know illegal deals had no limit. 

I know there’s plenty of ways that I could go and attempt to get this money back but what’s the official or supported by staff way of doing it?  Do I get automatic ck perms or something?

I just paid the guy and he drove off into the sunset with 136k. What if this guy name changes? What if he just gives the money to someone else? Is there more guidelines so players know what they can and can’t do surrounding this situation?

yes I’m bitter and I’m borderline tempted to just go scam everyone for ridiculous amounts of money. Anybody can literally just make a character and con their way to the top and I guess yeah that’s fine icly but, idk. Everyone I’ve told about this were legitimately shocked and didn’t know it was a thing.

It’s exploitable, i paid this guy, he drove off, did a burnout / donut in front of me and then when I said I thought it was over the limit he had the rule copy and pasted for me lmaooo.

Edited by Captain
6 minutes ago, akari said:

character development as a concept has been CANCELLED who wants to create a ragtag team of con artists and invisible gun deal our way into those rockford hills mcmansions

ok? 

First of all, if you want to CK him you can submit an app. CKing him isn't related to getting your money back in any way but it's always an option. 

You can obtain the money through IC means. Kidnap him, kill his dog, ask him nicely - it's really up to you. If the person randomly goes inactive or NCs for the money then we will deduct the money from his account, refunding you as there is no way for you to get the money back ICly. 

I'd be careful with who I pay and what I buy though. If you dish out large amounts of money to random people who have no interest in maintaining their reputation then you'll obviously get burnt and that's on you. 

Just now, Ethanol said:

ok? 

First of all, if you want to CK him you can submit an app. CKing him isn't related to getting your money back in any way but it's always an option. 

You can obtain the money through IC means. Kidnap him, kill his dog, ask him nicely - it's really up to you. If the person randomly goes inactive or NCs for the money then we will deduct the money from his account, refunding you as there is no way for you to get the money back ICly. 

I'd be careful with who I pay and what I buy though. If you dish out large amounts of money to random people who have no interest in maintaining their reputation then you'll obviously get burnt and that's on you. 

What if he just roleplays not having access to the money or if it’s all given to another player, is it a goose chase at that point? Is there a set amount of time someone has to wait before they can relocate the money or something? Because if I scam someone then instantly give my friend all of the cash, I have nothing to worry about. Not even this guy smoking my character because the moneys still there and /acceptdeath is only a few letters.

4 hours ago, Pan Grama said:

Illegal characters are all about stuff. They'll run you down then get out of their car to loot you.

I abandoned criminal RP a few months ago cos it's all the same old cookie-cutter bullshit.

They're all about money and that is the only motivation most people have which is accurate portrayal.

If you only know people who limit themselves to that then you're either RPing with extremely low level criminals ICly or with a group of people who can't portray criminals properly. Nothing's stopping you from trying to join people who are involved in thing beyond robbing random people. 

5 hours ago, Captain said:

What if he just roleplays not having access to the money or if it’s all given to another player, is it a goose chase at that point? Is there a set amount of time someone has to wait before they can relocate the money or something? Because if I scam someone then instantly give my friend all of the cash, I have nothing to worry about. Not even this guy smoking my character because the moneys still there and /acceptdeath is only a few letters.

You take what they own. 

1. You can force them to tell you where the money is or give you access to it. 

2. I wouldn't mind reviewing requests for vehicles, items and so on if that's the case. If he doesn't have the money then bleed him dry in terms of other assets. You'd obviously have to request it from me and get my approval but beyond that I don't see a reason not to take what's yours by hitting the scammer's assets rather than his pocket(directly). 

• Upvote 2

What about adding a rule that says once you scam someone for more than 20k, the victim player has automatic permission to Character Kill you if you don't have the money to give back. Of course everything should be monitored by an admin.

Above mentioned amount of money is really really hard to earn and I can't think of what action or IC punishment can compensate that amount.

That's why you need a trusted dealer, I'd NEVER trust a random guy knowing how greedy people in this server are especially with that amount, it's like half a sports car!

Since you can scam weapons as much as you want, he technically did nothing wrong, he was just being a dick basically. But I'd suggest you make his life a living hell, I'm pretty sure your character has a lot of contacts etc, try to do it through IC means and if you find out he changed his name or did whatever contact an admin obviously. 

1 minute ago, ZgazenaMacka said:

What about adding a rule that says once you scam someone for more than 20k, the victim player has automatic permission to Character Kill you if you don't have the money to give back. Of course everything should be monitored by an admin.

Above mentioned amount of money is really really hard to earn and I can't think of what action or IC punishment can compensate that amount.

If you’re that dedicated to kill someone for scamming you, you should also be that dedicated in creating a CK application rather than letting a rule allow you to do it for you without an application.

Edited by Ylva
1 hour ago, Ylva said:

If you’re that dedicated to kill someone for scamming you, you should also be that dedicated in creating a CK application rather than letting a rule allow you to do it for you without an application.

Did not know there's application to CK another player, otherwise I would not suggest what I suggested. Thanks

• KV locked this topic