Los Santos Insider | Driving in Los Santos - A Risky Venture

hUEtsz0.png

65YcJLb.png

Driving in Los Santos - A Risky Venture

Written by Shai Griffin, 22/2/2024

oMYHIcO.png

(Pictured Above: A Vehicle Quickly Passes Through An Empty Intersection In Del Perro.)

Being able to drive a vehicle to get to point A to point B is an important part in today's busy world, at least in America, and especially in Los Santos. At the young age of sixteen one is legally permitted to begin driving school, not only discovering how to drive a, usually, over one-thousand pound vehicle, but also learning the many laws of the road. Driving is a huge part of today's society, not being able to drive and/or not having a license is a huge detriment to one's own personal freedom and ability to go and be where they please or need to be. However, despite the overwhelming significance of driving, it is without a doubt one of the most dangerous things we as a people do, as there are over well 500,000 car accidents in a year in the United States, with at least 30,000 of them being fatal. 

Los Santos seems to be a magnet for these motor vehicle accidents, as traffic laws are not only seemingly disregarded, but actively and consciously broken in an attempt to get to destinations quicker. This creates an unsafe environment not only for law-abiding drivers, but all pedestrians who happen to be unfortunate enough to run into poor drivers. To say the least, many citizens of the city are tired and fed up with the state of driving in the city, with some giving brief comments to Los Santos Insider, saying that driving is "unsafe" and that licenses are "given out like candy." Other citizens are more neutral or even fine with the state of driving, saying that nothing needs to be changed. However, a few citizens, specifically a security officer, a biker, and a tattoo artist, gave their more detailed inputs on the seemingly perennial crisis in Los Santos. The individuals elected to not have any pictures taken, preferring to conceal their identities. 

ANONYMOUS CITIZEN #1

S. Griffin: "How long have you been living in Los Santos?"

Anonymous Citizen #1: "All my life."

S. Griffin: "What do you think of the driving in this city? How many accidents have you been in over the course of your life?"

Anonymous Citizen #1: "A few, people drive like crazy."

S. Griffin: "Has it gotten any worse from, let's say, three years ago?" 

Anonymous Citizen #1: "Uhh, I'd say nothing has changed."

S. Griffin: "Do you think the punishments for poor driving are appropriate, not enough, or maybe too harsh?"

Anonymous Citizen #1: "They're appropriate, I guess."

S. Griffin: "You said you've been in a few accidents? Where specifically in the city have most of these occurred?"

Anonymous Citizen #1: "Somewhere in Legion Square or Rockford Hills." 

ANONYMOUS CITIZEN #2

S. Griffin: "How long have you been in the city? And how long have you been biking?"

Anonymous Citizen #2: "All my life, almost. And over ten years."

S. Griffin: "Do you feel like travelling the city as a biker is much more dangerous than travelling with a vehicle?"

Anonymous Citizen #2: "You kiddin? They're givin any **CENSORED** moron a license and sendin em out in the wild. They need to start takin licenses away."

S. Griffin: "Is there a particular area where you see accidents happen the most?" 

Anonymous Citizen #2: "Just seems to be happenin all over really, nowhere specific comes to mind."

S. Griffin: "Do you think that the government should begin taking vehicles away from people who consistently violate traffic laws?"

Anonymous Citizen #2: "Yeah— All the government seems to do is **CENSORED** us over, it's about time they start takin action on stuff other than bureaucratic **CENSORED** that serves nothing but to slow down small business owners."

ANONYMOUS CITIZEN #3

S. Griffin: "How long have you been in the city?"

Anonymous Citizen #3: "As an artist, five to six years." 

S. Griffin: "How do you feel about the state of driving in Los Santos? Do you feel like people violate traffic laws too frequently? Do you feel it's unsafe to be a pedestrian?"

Anonymous Citizen #3: "Technically it is unsafe. But pedestrians jaywalk, which is not so fair to drivers as well. So I'd say it is sixty to forty for pedestrians at the moment."

S. Griffin: "Do you think there needs to be harsher punishments for traffic law violations?"

Anonymous Citizen #3: "I...don't know honestly. I been pulled over my share of times. Depends on infraction, I'd say." 

S. Griffin: "Is there a specific intersection or area that you see accidents occur the most?"

Anonymous Citizen #3: "Well I'd say Vinewood is notorious." 

**END OF INTERVIEWS** 

LkxrDsk.png

(Pictured Above: An Intersection In Legion Square, Infamous For Car Related Accidents.)

While it is unequivocally agreed upon that driving in Los Santos seems to have gotten out of control and unsafe, there, evidently, is a divide on how to fix it, or whether it needs fixing at all. Some people believe that vehicles need to start being seized and and traffic laws need to be enforced harsher, while others believe that ticketing and similar punishments are numerous enough, and that increasing them even further would be far too punitive. At the end of the day, regardless of which side of the fence you're on, the message to take away from this should be that driving in the city is currently as dangerous as it's ever been, and that protecting yourself on the road should be your first priority. Stop at stop signs, be cautious at yield signs, and be careful at intersections, especially those that are known for higher traffic. Although it certainly is a risk every time you get in your car, that risk can be significantly lowered by being a good, defensive driver yourself.

EFKRk45.pngHwn1Il3.gif

Pj7ndyD.png

Comments Are: Enabled

Name:

Comment:

Edited by onlydemia
Incorrect location on the first picture.
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Jorgensen said:

Name: Noonenowhere

Comment: That first pic isn't even Rockford Hills tho?? It's Vespucci???

Name: Coccinelle

Comment:  Well, it's actually more Del Perro than Vespucci, but either way it's definitely not Rockford Hills! Thanks for letting me know, I was very tired last night. Fortunately the location of the picture isn't really the point of the article so it's not a big issue! 😅 

Name: concernedcitizen81
Comment: it's time for insurance companies to charge more depending on how fucked up someone's DMV record is.

there's no reason my car insurance should cost as much as theirs, when they are a risk to the public (and the company finances 😆) and i'm not

Edited by hitchhiker
  • Upvote 1

Name: guy

Comment: I was driving through downtown the other day and a cop drove into me going 80 miles an hour. It was where the on ramp to the highway was blocking his line of sight to oncoming traffic from his left. These cops are reckless drivers too. Could've killed someone if they were going the other way. They luckily hit my passenger side when it was empty. Shit caved in at least 4 feet.

They gotta learn that just because they have lights and sirens doesn't mean they can drive a hundred miles an hour in the city.

Edited by Parade

Name: brown-eyed girl

Comment: Who funds this site? It reeks of democrats. Anonymous "citizens" saying they should take more people's licenses away. This is another example of the Main Stream Media trying to slowly chip away at our hard fought American freedoms. Next thing you know, only the "correct" woke people will be allowed to drive. The rest of us can use communist public transport! When's the last time you've seen an actual bus in this city?!?

Name: brotherbritson

Comment: I despise reckless drivers. Just like my cousin Telle would say, our beautiful new car got ‘proper rammed’ by ‘some slag’ near the Legion Square bank. Turns out she was high on meth and ketamine! Needless to say the cops let her go without punishment because she was a first time offender and a first time drug user. I think we should like, take away everyone in the city’s license and make them use public transport instead. It would be a much safer alternative and it would save the environment from carbon emissions! Privately owned cars are useless and should be left in the past. #fuckcars!

• 2 weeks later...