FPS drops when looking towards the city at night [AMD GPU]

Buster

Since you did just swap from an Nvidia GPU to an AMD GPU, you can try to uninstall all of the graphic drivers and reinstalling it. I recommend using DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/) to completely and fully uninstall the Graphics Drivers for both AMD + Nvidia, restarting your PC and then going to your manufacturers website (https://www.amd.com/en/support) and redownloading + reinstalling the current drivers for your AMD Card.

You can try using this file I have linked below. It disables the volume lights at night which increases performance when using texture mods or an ENB (NVE or QuantV)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16235728/disable_volume_lights_at_night_-_better_performance.rar.html

Here is a virus total scan of the file I have uploaded to ensure you there is nothing malicious.

de3a0a7a7554d2749f9b050b465c230d.png

Give this a shot and see if your performance at night increases.

You can also run your computer in High Performance mode which is found by going to your search bar at the bottom and looking up Power Plan or simply go under Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Power Options. (If you decide to just search it up via "Edit Power Plan" once the control panel window opens, in the search bar of the window, it should show:

ac4485e8aa3ee1639a40d523c2dae250.png

You'll then want to click on "Power Options" and it will take you to the power plans, I recommend using High Performance which is usually hidden under "Show Additional Plans"

Hope this helps.

Edited by kimbo.
  • Upvote 1
On 2/3/2024 at 6:52 AM, kimbo. said:

-snip-

I already used DDU for my NVIDIA GPU's uninstallation before plugging in my new AMD card. The card's driver is also updated to the latest.

I gave that timecyc a shot too but to no avail unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lowering the water quality setting to normal during the night to gain some FPS is a temporary workaround, but it's not a permanent solution.

One potential fix you could try is updating your AMD GPU drivers to the latest version. Sometimes, driver updates can improve performance and fix compatibility issues with certain games.

If updating drivers and the game doesn't resolve the problem, you could try tweaking other graphics settings to see if there's a specific setting causing the FPS drop during nighttime. Experimenting with different settings like shadows, lighting, or texture quality might help pinpoint the issue.

Keep me informed!

Edited by ayouu
10 hours ago, Crownista said:

Bit late to the party, I have the same exact GPU (just not the CPU) and I experience this. It's annoying but this seemed to fix like half the issue; props to chocomint.

@Buster

Tried this but it didn't work as well, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, ayouu said:

Lowering the water quality setting to normal during the night to gain some FPS is a temporary workaround, but it's not a permanent solution.

One potential fix you could try is updating your AMD GPU drivers to the latest version. Sometimes, driver updates can improve performance and fix compatibility issues with certain games.

If updating drivers and the game doesn't resolve the problem, you could try tweaking other graphics settings to see if there's a specific setting causing the FPS drop during nighttime. Experimenting with different settings like shadows, lighting, or texture quality might help pinpoint the issue.

Keep me informed!

Everything is up to date. Also tried to play the game w/o any mods and on normal settings. Still the same issue however.