In depth biker RP

Woozyarth

Hi, guys, so a long time ago I had an interest in roleplaying a biker character, and before I did that kind of RP, I did some re-search I really didn't get enough information about how to roleplay a realistic and actually biker type of character. I asked a lot of questions regarding that kind of RP, and some people gave me some hints, but I also didn't find the information needed. The main problem with me is that I want to RP an in-depth biker character. Like, I need to know more about them regarding how they live. Where do they live? What are their interests? What are their needs and wants? How do you develop the bike character from bottom to top? How do I make the character interesting to me and others? Also, how do I portray an actual biker character? What type of jobs or businesses do they run if I go solo for now? How do I approach any MC club and make them interested in my character? I read a lot of articles on the forums and outside of them. Also, I need to know how to slowly develop him without making the character skip many steps. I really will appreciate it if I get some elite biker role players who have a long experience of biker roleplay. To give me some tips, hints, approaches, and other ways of developing the character along the way without making the character suddenly move away from the path I made for him. The reason that I asked that question is that I sometimes develop the character, and suddenly I feel that I burned out or ran out of ideas to further develop the biker character and at the same time make it interesting.

Edited by Woozyarth

Hey, so I took my time trying to find any information regarding this particular question, although I was unable to find much on it I stumbles across this guide made by a player. Although I know we have a few motorcycle clubs in the factions tab, so If anything I know you can always reach out to a particular faction that you might be interested in portraying a biker character in and they'll provide you more into depth information, giving you a better understanding in what they believe in/how to develop into their MC.

I read it. The question i am asking is I need to know what is the lifestyle of the biker outside the club while he is not busy with club at least at the morning? Like i need to portray the character in the most realistic and intersting way so i enjoy it. I enjoy the biker development tho.

45 minutes ago, Woozyarth said:

I read it. The question i am asking is I need to know what is the lifestyle of the biker outside the club while he is not busy with club at least at the morning? Like i need to portray the character in the most realistic and intersting way so i enjoy it. I enjoy the biker development tho.

They are normal humans with lives outside of the club too. Work a day job maybe, work on their bike or other hobbys ect ect. Normal people stuff 

as mentioned, bikers are just your average people, especially in day to day life. there's no set thing on what a biker likes or what hobbies they have, they come from all roads of life and what keeps them together is the club and brotherhood around it. its really a wide variety on the field. a lot also depends on their own culture, geographical as well. West Coast clubs and people are different to its mid-west and East Coast counterpart. 

modern day bikers are also a different breed to old school ones, they live life differently. back in the 70s - 80s it was rather possible for a biker to just be all out for the club and get by on whatever illegal business he may have, nowdays that's not the case as prices are high, maintaining a bike costs an arm and a leg, so they all hold down day jobs. Media will also push how all bikers are racist gang members, but that's also a reach, there's no hive mind behind that, unless the MC is straight out a white only one and connected to AB in whatever way. 

i'd say biker/MC rp is the easiest and most fun as there are really no limits to what you do, you live your day to day how you want it, and then go hang out with your brothers and you make sure that you're a damn good brother for them, that's what a biker is.

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, west coast wheeler said:

as mentioned, bikers are just your average people, especially in day to day life. there's no set thing on what a biker likes or what hobbies they have, they come from all roads of life and what keeps them together is the club and brotherhood around it. its really a wide variety on the field. a lot also depends on their own culture, geographical as well. West Coast clubs and people are different to its mid-west and East Coast counterpart. 

modern day bikers are also a different breed to old school ones, they live life differently. back in the 70s - 80s it was rather possible for a biker to just be all out for the club and get by on whatever illegal business he may have, nowdays that's not the case as prices are high, maintaining a bike costs an arm and a leg, so they all hold down day jobs. Media will also push how all bikers are racist gang members, but that's also a reach, there's no hive mind behind that, unless the MC is straight out a white only one and connected to AB in whatever way. 

i'd say biker/MC rp is the easiest and most fun as there are really no limits to what you do, you live your day to day how you want it, and then go hang out with your brothers and you make sure that you're a damn good brother for them, that's what a biker is.

I know that, but the problem i don't know how i can make the biker character interesting for other and myself. Like one of my questions i see a lot of people RP that they are building a bike. Nowcthe problem here is that how long does it actually take irl to build a bike from top to bottom? Like in RP time. Also, I need to know what make the biker character interesting for other players to roleplay with them, and that is the big problem. I feel that there is more to it. Another problem if i will start a screenshot thread what do i post in it what type of RP to post in it, like do i post the thing that changed the character life totally or what do i post. Briefly how do i make a story of the character.

2 hours ago, Woozyarth said:

I know that, but the problem i don't know how i can make the biker character interesting for other and myself. Like one of my questions i see a lot of people RP that they are building a bike. Nowcthe problem here is that how long does it actually take irl to build a bike from top to bottom? Like in RP time. Also, I need to know what make the biker character interesting for other players to roleplay with them, and that is the big problem. I feel that there is more to it. Another problem if i will start a screenshot thread what do i post in it what type of RP to post in it, like do i post the thing that changed the character life totally or what do i post. Briefly how do i make a story of the character.

Reading this post gave me anxiety, you're worrying too much about what others are doing, or may think about your character.

Roleplay is about telling stories (not screenshots) and character arcs. Your character may need someone else's help to build their bike, or the bike may be inspired by someone else's; the parts may be legally or illegally obtained, perhaps your character may need someone to provide the parts and exchange favors, or work side gigs, when money isn't enough, and they will meet more people with more needs along the way.

The actual time it takes to build the bike doesn't matter, what matters is who is your character, what do they want, how do they want to get there and why they can't get there. The last question is important, character development is about overcoming obstacles. Don't worry about anything else, you can't make your character enjoyable if you aren't having fun yourself.

Edited by roleplayer
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
On 12/5/2023 at 10:47 PM, Woozyarth said:

Where do they live? What are their interests? What are their needs and wants? How do you develop the bike character from bottom to top? How do I make the character interesting to me and others? Also, how do I portray an actual biker character? What type of jobs or businesses do they run if I go solo for now? How do I approach any MC club and make them interested in my character?

First and foremost your character is a person with their own hobbies and interests on top of being in a MC. Following strict rules like this makes you RP a caricature rather than a realistic person.

• Upvote 2

you're overcomplicating things fella. when i started out my current character i figured out who he was as a person first & foremost. middle aged construction worker with a small family whose own father recently died. that's all you need to go IC and start developing. save yourself the effort and just have a few attributes in mind for your character and then get IC bro

• Upvote 3

I personally grew up around the American mid-western motorcycle culture through various family members, so I could go on for ages about "MC culture thereory", but at the end of the day Harley Davidsons (Westerns in our context) based clubs are generally a more blue-collar esque demographic.

It is very much a normal thing for older/modern bikers to work a full time job in a trade such as construction or some other blue-collar vocation during the day, party after work and attend club events just to make it back to work the next morning. When not working, partying, or attending club events, these same people often induldge in your common blue collar hobbies such as hunting, working on cars/vehicles, and any other activity you would could see a blue collar guy working.

It is also not uncommon for these people to be middle aged men who have held a job their entire lives and are also raising a family.

Tl;dr - The average age of a MC club member nowadays in the US is generally older and only getting older as MCs are not as mainstream as they once were in previous generations. In the late 30s early 40s+ range. They are typically blue collar individuals who enjoy typical blue collar hobbies and activities. They often times hold down full time jobs and even raise entire families all while still participating in club events and other nefarious acitivites. However, there is and always will be outliars who are variations of complete extremes of both ends of the spectrum with everything.

My recommendation is find a happy medium, throw in some flaws to spice things up, and just do what you will enjoy doing. Not what other people will necessarily enjoy watching/reading. All that matters at the end of the day is that you have fun and follow the rules while doing so.

Edited by Complaicant
  • Upvote 2
  • Cuete locked this topic