Taxi Driver script

Hello everyone!

So recently (11/29/2023, actually) I had heard that some players in the community who are taxi drivers start the job under normal circumstances in a normal taxi (/taxistart while inside one of the assigned cabs). I was then told they despawn their taxi cab and spawn a four-door sedan or I've even heard of some drivers using a 2 door sports car to continue along doing the taxi driver job. I was told along with that, there's a thread somewhere in the guides section about a "third-party" web taxi meter they also use, something either about it being more accurate or better to use in general.

So in general; Would we be allowed to spawn the taxi, do /taxistart to start the job, despawn a taxi cab & spawn a sedan or another vehicle completely to then continue on the job while either using the web based "third-party" taxi cab meter or providing a note inside the vehicle about prices? 

I had asked someone over /helpme, and they couldn't confirm. I then asked @Sebz about it and he didn't want to give me a wrong answer as I'd hate to get banned for bug abuse or breaking the script thru a loophole somehow. End of the day, CAN WE BE PERMITTED TO DO THIS GRANTED IT'S A 4 DOOR SEDAN and not any other vehicle, or will we be banned outright for bug abusing. Your thoughts please and thank you!

1 hour ago, munnezza said:

We should ditch the taxi script and create an Uber-like app. I support doing taxi with any sedan as long as it's not a Bentley.

I’m all for that idea. Uber has a luxury setting in the app, I’ve rode in Porsche SUV’s, a G-Wagon once or twice. It all depends on the area you use the app and the income margins. Some rich people are bored to death and like to do menial tasks once in a while. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, munnezza said:

We should ditch the taxi script and create an Uber-like app. I support doing taxi with any sedan as long as it's not a Bentley.

Stupid idea if you have any experience with taxi roleplay. There's already 10+ drivers fighting over 5 fares an hour (at peak times and if you're lucky). There need to be less people RPing it (and a lot more fares), not every bored mallrat with a sedan.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
1 hour ago, AnthonyCourtney said:

Stupid idea if you have any experience with taxi roleplay. There's already 10+ drivers fighting over 5 fares an hour (at peak times and if you're lucky). There need to be less people RPing it (and a lot more fares), not every bored mallrat with a sedan.

You mean, just like in real life, ridesharing apps will compete and drastically affect conventional taxiing? 

1 minute ago, munnezza said:

You mean, just like in real life, ridesharing apps will compete and drastically affect conventional taxiing? 

This isn't real life, we aren't here to provide a better service or make more money - we're here to roleplay. Splitting up the very few fares (and therefore, the roleplay we have available) we have in the entire server across 500 drivers would be insanely stupid.

There's no taxi shortage on GTAW. Money is not an issue like it is in real life. The only issue is that there aren't any fares. Adding more drivers isn't going to make the taxi script better, it's going to shred the last bits of roleplay people are able to squeeze out of a nearly dead system.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney