S, X, and Z keys do not work after about an hour of gameplay.

This sounds absolutely rediculous but I have been having this issue for about 3 months now. After about an hour or so of gameplay, my S, X, and Z keys stop responding unless I hold them for an extremely long period of time, this includes typing or in-game movements or the X menu. 

This does not happen at all, except when playing World. I have typed several large papers for work and do not have this issue. 

Am I just losing it or is this an actual known issue?

I'm on a laptop keyboard and I've recently had issues with my S and D keys. They seem to fail to respond to input unless I hit them a few times. I figured it was a faulty key issue but it also doesn't occur elsewhere, such as when writing or playing other games. It's really odd, so there might be something going on here?

On 10/31/2023 at 10:17 AM, Thurston Howl said:

This sounds absolutely rediculous but I have been having this issue for about 3 months now. After about an hour or so of gameplay, my S, X, and Z keys stop responding unless I hold them for an extremely long period of time, this includes typing or in-game movements or the X menu. 

This does not happen at all, except when playing World. I have typed several large papers for work and do not have this issue. 

Am I just losing it or is this an actual known issue?

Are we by chance inside or next to an interior we were just in/inside of when this occurs, and is there by any chance a delay with chat?

On 11/6/2023 at 3:43 PM, colonelmetro said:

I'm on a laptop keyboard and I've recently had issues with my S and D keys. They seem to fail to respond to input unless I hit them a few times. I figured it was a faulty key issue but it also doesn't occur elsewhere, such as when writing or playing other games. It's really odd, so there might be something going on here?

I’m glad I’m not the only one but sad to hear it for you.

I’ll type a massive college or work paper and not have an issue, as soon as I play World the issue starts.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...