Best way to play GTA:W if you can't get on at consistent times.

athreya

I have been roleplaying a few hours a week since two years ago, now that I have more limited time, I still find time to play. I get out of home at 7am and get back in at 10.30pm. Job/School everyday + project im one manning.

Honestly nobody cares if you log in 1 hour then for 2 weeks you will be unavailable to play, nobody cares as long as you're not required to play n amount of hours/week. Sure you should keep in mind that you can't lead factions, carry roleplay when you can't guarantee activity (running scams, be wanted, ...). 

On my side I'm playing it smart. University, then when I will have more time to play, i will apply in a LEO faction. I'm developing a character, I'm chillin in those hours I can play gtaw, and will have a developed character when it's time to apply. 

@athreya

• Upvote 1

I think this is the biggest attractor to legal law enforcement role-play for me. My schedule and real-life commitments are very similar to yours in the sense that my availability is sporadic at best. I enjoy being able to pick up and put down LEO role-play without it being too crucial or vital for me to dedicate a lot of time (which I frankly don't have) to role-playing.

Being in the LSPD I am able to log on for an hour and still enjoy my role-play, and can leave it until the next time I'm ready to play. When I've played illegal characters in the past, I found that if I did not log on regularly (daily/every couple of days) I would miss key events and sometimes even disrupt the flow of role-play. I think the pick-up-and-put-down nature of legal factions is one of its strong points.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You get more out of GTA:W the more you put in.

Whats worked for me is : go to any advertisement or event instead of working. Once you make some acquaintances you'll probably realize there's a lot of opportunities even if you're a less active player during off hours. If the event is not your character's taste, just remember you're going for the people and not the event. If I go to an event thats my character's style like a mosh pit, I will easily find other people to interact with that match or parallel my character development. If I go to an event that's not my character's style, like an EDM club, I might run into other people that are "out of their element" similar to my own character, which makes them easier to approach and interact with.

If there are no businesses or events due to the lack of players just go to Davis.

I would suggest trying out systems that was made by developers. The /me and /do is alright but there's scripted systems for a reason. There's nothing wrong RPing with people or factions but it can get boring. Try out getting to know the GTA V map. Find out where your character can or can't go (Roleplaying fear). Don't just log-in to DM or yap with your IRL friends. Try to develop your character ICly and develop a vision for your character. Start a new character. A fresh page might give you some ideas. Learn something you don't know about. There's plenty of stuff to do here you just need to put the effort in. Peace 🙂