Los Santos Insider | Hank Preston Elected Mayor of Los Santos, Inauguration Sept. 10th

Remington

HPTAzSi.png

Hank Preston Elected Mayor of Los Santos, Inauguration Sept. 10th

Written by Scarlett Remington, 09/09/2023

On September 9th, the final votes were counted. Citizens had a chance to vote for the future of their city, and surrounding Counties, starting September 5th; where both candidates Danielle Bordeaux (Democratic) and Hank Preston (Republican) campaigned vigorously. They spoke to not only media outlets such as the Los Santos Insider but hosted a variety of public events such as the BBQ in Mirror Park (Preston), and the Dinner at the LGBT Center (Bordeaux). Citizens got a chance to speak to their candidates, and allow the public to become more educated on local issues while also getting to know the Mayoral Elects more personally; rather than be a face on Social Media or a News Feed.

The final results were broadcasted live on air, the LSI's first ever Election Coverage, by Gabriel Stone. Our studio was accompanied by Hank Preston, and Frederick Coleman to discuss and comment on the results, although Democratic Candidate Bordeaux declined to attend - which we respect, and wish her good luck in changing the City the best way she can. 

POLL RESULTS - H. PRESTON (REP.) v D. BORDEAUX (DEM.)

503  61.64% (PRESTON)             313 38.36% (BORDEAUX)

fb_53b5b4d56478c52854da6226d040d607.png
(source: Gabriel Stone, from Hank Preston's Facebrowser)

I want to thank everyone, regardless of where they placed their support, but know that my job now lays in upholding the well-being of everyone in our city. The tasks before me are large, and the responsibilities even bigger in scale. Know that even if you felt that I was not your ideal candidate, that I will continue to fight for every person in our city, from jobs, economic security, to their physical health. I will let no injustice be sowed and no voice left unheard. Believe in a better Los Santos.

~ Mayor of Los Santos, Hank Preston 

"Thank you to all of you who went out and did your civic duty, and voted - whichever way you did vote. We are poised to bring change and deliver on the promises we made during our campaign, and I'd like to remind people that we're for the people, regardless of if you supported us or not - we will represent you and fight for the change you want to see. Also, a huge congratulations to Hank, who has worked tirelessly and thoroughly deserves this. Believe in a better Los Santos!"

~ Deputy Mayor of Los Santos, Frederick Coleman

The Los Santos Insider would like to congratulate Mr. Hank Preston, and Mr. Frederick Coleman (Deputy Mayor) for their victory in the election. In addition, we would also like to extend our congratulations to Mayoral Candidate Danielle Bordeaux for their courage, motivation, and for standing up to issues they also believe are main factors within the City. It was a anticipated time, and one of the most historic elections in all of San Andreas's history. 

Our outlet is an independently owned and private outlet that focuses on a variety of issues. Being funded by the private sector, we believe being an important & reliable source in this Election was critical; and we hope by being an independent source from outside the political sphere, you chose to vote for your own reasons. We will stay and stand committed to providing fair, reliable, and unbiased coverage as we progress into this new stage in our City's future.

Join us on Sunday, September 10th, for the Official Inauguration Ceremony located at City Hall @ 20:00. 

Edited by Remington
  • Upvote 18