Armored Truck Robbery

in classic gtaw form im basically throwing up a suggestion on the newest update before it’s even arrived

tldr statistically speaking most armored truck robberies are not extensively planned and occur in plain view, they’re also extremely frequent and highly dangerous. I feel the need to have this process locked behind a request system is unnecessary and simply put should a crew wish to take the risk upon attacking one instead automatically offer their CK perms or something should they be killed negligently, as to allow the risk versus reward ratio to be increased 

just my ravings tbh 

6 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

idk about every day I think that’s an exaggeration especially if there’s a consequence attached to failure 

We literally can't have people in prison for too long because people here in GTAW don't believe in consequences. The "CoNsEquEnCeS aReN't fUn" crowd would ensure the essential "Consequences attached to failure" would be stripped hella' fast, so that it's just another GTAO for me but not for thee arrangement. 

Hard pass. Unless we make this abandonment of realism wholesale instead of the stupidly one-sided mess that it is right now, it's not worth adding to the dumpster fire that is the current arrangement.

7 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

in classic gtaw form im basically throwing up a suggestion on the newest update before it’s even arrived

tldr statistically speaking most armored truck robberies are not extensively planned and occur in plain view, they’re also extremely frequent and highly dangerous. I feel the need to have this process locked behind a request system is unnecessary and simply put should a crew wish to take the risk upon attacking one instead automatically offer their CK perms or something should they be killed negligently, as to allow the risk versus reward ratio to be increased 

just my ravings tbh 

Not sure it's right to call this "extremely frequent". In the US there is a rolling average for quite a while of about 20-40 a year. That's peanuts compared to the amount of actual bank robberies even. This is gonna end up being another perceptive low hanging fruit that we'll quickly 50x the entire past decades cumulative amount of armored truck robberies, and LE rp will still be told they either can't handle it properly or can only use methods and technology that stopped being used in the 70s.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:30 AM, FatCatTuxedo said:

If it isnt behind a request it will happen everyday

I have to agree with this. If it’s not locked behind a request people will just go out daily looking for trucks to rob. 

The only way I'll agree to this is if the SHAFT laws allow for Security Companies to carry assault rifles LEGALLY when doing CiT. Guards with Handguns versus a bunch guys armed with AKs and SMGs don't make much sense to me especially when CiT is involved.

• 1 month later...

If it was a hard CK during CiT robberies I'd be all for it being outwith the realm of requests. More so if guards could carry a patrol rifle. After a few days of wild chaos where crims get smoked trying to rob a few bands of cash, it'd settle down quickly.

Conversely, I think bank robberies should be more common than they are. There's something like 4000 of them a year in America, but they're never an option here because there's no script bank teller job and the no crime zone covering banks.