Sergeant John Curtis

Westen

w8BkSPS.png

Sergeant II 30252 John Curtis

Los Santos Police Department

Date of Birth: 23/OCT/1983

Place of Birth: St Charles Medical Centre, Oregon.

Current Employment: Lateral Transfer to the LSPD from the Oregon City Police Department

Previous Employment:

• History Teacher (2006-2008): North Salem High School
  • Jail Deputy (2008-2009): Marion County Sheriff's Department
  • Patrol Officer (2009-2016): Oregon City Police Department
  • Patrol Supervisor (2016-2019): Oregon City Police Department
  • Use of Force Instructor (2019-2020): Oregon City Police Department

Psychologist's Reports:

Spoiler

Psychologist Report (requirement for role transfer to UOF instructor, Feb 2019):
Officer Curtis’ record within the department can be described as uneventful with a few hitches here and there. I am aware that the primary reason for this role transfer is so that Officer Curtis can spend more time at home with his wife and daughter. Officer Curtis expressed to me during our talks that his previous shift pattern has resulted in him missing his daughter’s last two birthdays which he states has caused tension at home. 

Beyond issues within his private life, Officer Curtis is an exemplary officer and supervisor with a focus on teaching new officers. He has received numerous awards, and, most recently, has attended a tactical combat casualty course for which he is now certified as one of six tactically qualified Emergency Medical Technicians within the department. When queried as to why Officer Curtis chose this route, he described in detail an officer-involved shooting when he was in field training. Officer Curtis expressed his remorse for being unable to help the injured officer, resulting in permanent paralysis. Officer Curtis stated that he is good friends with this officer and they speak regularly; whether out of guilt or a true friendship, Officer Curtis was unwilling to divulge.

Despite his issues, I believe Officer Curtis is fit for the role of Use of Force Instructor. 

Signed: A. Rose (department psychologist)

Spoiler

Psychologist Report (officer involved shooting, August 2016):
As part of Officer Curtis’ re-introduction to patrol, this report will conclude the six (6) sessions we have taken over the period of two months.

Ultimately, I believe Officer Curtis is mentally fit and well for patrol duties. 

Officer Curtis had initially expressed some concern with relation to the confidence in his aim, however Officer Curtis has been working extensively to improve his confidence with high-intensity shooting drills and has demonstrated remarkable progress in both his confidence and aim under stress. I am impressed by Officer Curtis’ ability to self-reflect and his commitment to self improvement. One concern that was raised, however, was the extent to which Officer Curtis was shooting. He estimated that he spent in excess of several hundred dollars in ammo. Officer Curtis confessed that this adversely affected his home finances, resulting in cuts to certain luxuries. Whilst I understand Officer Curtis’ motivation for this, I worry that this has further strained his relationships at home.

Furthermore, Officer Curtis has stated that the officer involved shooting occurred on his daughter’s third birthday. 

Officer Curtis expressed to me his intention to apply for the upcoming Sergeant exam board. After having known Officer Curtis for several months, I believe he possesses all the character traits to be an effective supervisor for this department.

This report follows the acquittal of Officer Curtis by a Grand Jury, and an Internal Affairs investigation revealing Officer Curtis’ actions were within policy.
Signed: A. Rose (department psychologist)

Arriving in Los Santos:

Spoiler

M8ROOIJ.png

xbDpmf8.png

First Day:

Spoiler

00EKsVv.png

rJx27gO.png

yn1zSxC.png

5wyIUDr.png

EtdUnXA.png

Edited by Westen
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

Wants and Warrants

After directing his first Tactical Support Team to assist SWAT in the takedown of a high risk arrest warrant, Sergeant Curtis runs a debrief to fully introduce himself to the team.

JOYfOgP.png

Crime Suppression & Overtime

p7z9QuI.png

Consequences

Curtis' Sunday night shift sees him involved in a number of high speed pursuits. One pursuit on a blue Komoda is terminated after he deems it too dangerous to continue, only for said Komoda to be found not two minutes later after it crashes into an oncoming vehicle in Little Seoul.

fOh7CHF.png

O1Ofcmx.png

• Upvote 1