Test drive the car you want to buy.

Archix

Good idea. You get in, it gives you a short 2min route just like a driving exam, if you won't go to the destination for 1 minute, car will disappear. Otherwise if you drive through the checkpoints, you finish your test drive and done. BUT you only will be able to test drive it if you have enough money in your bank. 

If you make a smart system it can't be abused. 

So, you get a route in the same dimension as other people, you need to have enough money in the bank, if you go off route, car just disappears leaving you where you were, only driver can get in, there is a cooldown for testing cars, max amount of cars you can test is 3,then 1h CD is triggered. Something along these lines 

Edited by Lance
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Good idea. You get in, it gives you a short 2min route just like a driving exam, if you won't go to the destination for 1 minute, car will disappear. Otherwise if you drive through the checkpoints, you finish your test drive and done. BUT you only will be able to test drive it if you have enough money in your bank. 

If you make a smart system it can't be abused. 

So, you get a route in the same dimension as other people, you need to have enough money in the bank, if you go off route, car just disappears leaving you where you were, only driver can get in, there is a cooldown for testing cars, max amount of cars you can test is 3,then 1h CD is triggered. Something along these lines 

It’s needs alot of work. Not high priority atm anyway..

30 minutes ago, Samantha said:

It* needs a lot of work. Not high priority atm anyway..

Nothing is priority now. We need a stable client, that's the priority. It should not be much work since they already have similar system in driving test. I'm sure experienced devs would work it out. 

Edited by Lance
3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

On one hand I want this, on the other hand I too fear it may be abused - or that setting too many scripted limits would ruin immersion. We have to dive into details. Can anyone provide full detail of real life limitations of a test drive?

you usually have someone in the car with you in terms of real life to make sure you're not going to just drive off, other than that i dont think there's many limitations.

48 minutes ago, Declan said:

you usually have someone in the car with you in terms of real life to make sure you're not going to just drive off, other than that i dont think there's many limitations.

Lovely. That means we can set a standard route with check points and despawn the car if you don't reach a check point within a fair time window.

• Rukka locked this topic