A Statement from Saints News

6X7u7LB.png

A Statement From Saints News

Thank You, Los Santos. 

Kalani Jamil, Saints News Managing Director.

Saints News began with a purpose, to provide a second mainstream media outlet to the people of Los Santos. While I cannot stress enough my respect for Weazel, and would only call our competition friendly, I felt there was a gap in the market for a secondary firm to take hold of the hearts of minds of the people of Los Santos. The original purpose of Saints News was to provide news and information that the average person can relate to, from our Honest Reviews series to our interviews with small and local companies, one I'm most proud of is the piece we wrote on the Dungeon Crawler. Looking back on that original mission, I think that's Mission Accomplished. Had you had told me a month ago today that Saints would be one of the leading journalist outlets in the city just a month in, I'd have called you crazy! From our City Guide to our office parties, we have achieved something that nobody would have expected, and Los Santos, we have done that together.

Our story doesn't stop at our articles either, we've seen a number of successful opportunities for both Saints and our partners, from essentially screaming from the rooftops about the local businesses we advertise for to providing our high-quality journalism as a way to show them off, we believe we have made a positive impact on the city we love, and we hope that you'd agree with us on that too. While we've had some controversial moments, like our article on the 'Nazi Infestation' on FaceBrowser, or publishing the photos of the strangest protest Los Santos has ever seen (Full story is available from our friends at R&R), we believe we've had so many fantastic, brilliant and high-quality moments of the history of our city to share with you. It's funny to think, despite being a month old, we waited seven days to post our first article - now that's what I call research!

Every first month of a company is the month that you learn everything you need to know, I believe that's something we've done, but we know we still have plenty more to learn.

Trust us, Los Santos, we're only going to get better.

We're planning to launch a new magazine focused entirely on the restaurants in our city, called "Yum! Magazine", having a system akin to that of the Michelin Star system that so many of you would be familiar with, to give credit to our truly amazing restaurants. We're also planning to introduce a new standard of independent press authority, in which we and the other media groups in the city will pledge to uphold ourselves to rigorous standards to allow us to be more transparent and open with you, the people. Finally, you may see us re-brand shortly, nothing major, however, we will be updating our logo and our stylesheet to properly represent the quality of the journalism we provide. Finally, we are planning to do everything we can to do better by you, so if you have any suggestions on what Saints can do for you, my email is always open at [email protected]. (( Forum PM ))

Finally, Los Santos, we want to thank you for everything you've done, whether you've joined us, written for us, spoke to us, allowed us to interview you, advertised with us, and even competed with us, we wouldn't be who and where we are without you.

Los Santos, You are the city of Saints, and everything we do, we do it for you.

Thank You, Los Santos.

#ForSaintsBySaints

Kalani Jamil.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic