Health bar

adriann

Short description: It would be better if there would be a health bar just like in SAMP.

Detailed description: N/A

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Health bar 

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd be hundred percent easier to know when people are wounded.  For example when I fight someone I dont even know when im going to kill him... I dont really know what to say but it would affect the game alot.

Additional information: I think its needed.

./damages can be used to see if someone is hit. Otherwise I think role-playing your character knowing someone is hurt based off seeing a health-bar above their head lower could be seen as meta-gaming. In addition, what if someone looses some health on Desync or a misclick? Then people would always see them and assume they should be RPing injuries, even though they haven't ICly abstained any injuries.

Just some potential conflicts I can see off the bat to be aware of. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, FearnR said:

./damages can be used to see if someone is hit. Otherwise I think role-playing your character knowing someone is hurt based off seeing a health-bar above their head lower could be seen as meta-gaming. In addition, what if someone looses some health on Desync or a misclick? Then people would always see them and assume they should be RPing injuries, even though they haven't ICly abstained any injuries.

Just some potential conflicts I can see off the bat to be aware of. 

I agree with you. It's better to run off our current system rather than a health bar. Realistically you wouldn't be able to see how "low health" someone is and just rush them. This, to me, leads to more downsides than any upside. We currently face an issue with MG and PG issue. So avoiding any further risks, like this, is for the best.

• Upvote 1

You already have the wounded states, alongside that you also have the death animation states that easily show how injured someone is. As mentioned above, /damages is more than enough to tell how damaged someone is. But, there is a limitation to this as it doesn't include melee damage. A health bar above your head is very LSRP esque, it even featured on GTMP and all it's still very much a useless feature, more so with our current /damages feature. It introduces nothing into a text heavy roleplayer server, and if added would only be a detriment.

Edited by Ylva
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Björk said:

I agree with you. It's better to run off our current system rather than a health bar. Realistically you wouldn't be able to see how "low health" someone is and just rush them. This, to me, leads to more downsides than any upside. We currently face an issue with MG and PG issue. So avoiding any further risks, like this, is for the best.

Maybe another toggable thing? It could be useful to have in some situations

I don't agree with this suggestion, you'd never know how injured a person was at first glance except if they are visibly maimed or wounded. Not to mention the clutter, entering an interior with more than ten people inside of it already adds enough clutter to our screens. Could you imagine an interior with twenty people inside of it with not only their full names but with annoyingly non rp health bars also?