Getting back into gaming, need help..

crfc

Seen a relatively cheap gaming laptop for sale just wondering if it would be worth while buying until I save money for a proper set up. I will be using the laptop solely for GTAV RP, maybe slight modding. The specs are as follows;

Processor

Intel Core i5 7300 HQ 4 Cores 4 Threads

Graphics adapter

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Memory

8GB RAM (Fully upgradable)

Display

15.6 Inch - Full HD

Storage

128GB SSD

1TB HDD

Edited by crfc
1 hour ago, joaoivis said:

You will be able to run some basic stuff with it but no reshade or graphic mods. Put one extra 8gb ram and you will feel better while driving around.

As for how the game runs on the sever, will it run smoothly without any lagging etc?

2 hours ago, crfc said:

As for how the game runs on the sever, will it run smoothly without any lagging etc?

I had the exact same rig except with 16gb of ram. It will run fine for a couple of hours without lagging but when the CPU starts to work hard you wil feel the stutter. It is definitely playable and skins doesnt affect performance much. You just wont have optimal performance for rage multiplayer.

2 hours ago, crfc said:

and if I do upgrade to 16gb will I still come into slight issues after a few hours of continuous gaming? Thanks!

Mine is very similar to yours but slightly better. Get 16 GB and you'll be fine. I use NVE graphic mod with mostly high settings bar textures (RAGEMP has major issues with texture loading for some weird reason with anything above the ''normal'' setting)