Classic & Modern Outlaw Country Music

Psychedelic

Now I don't mean none of this pop country hits from the CMA. I mean REAL country music, the classics, and all the new modern upcoming stars that are bringing country music back to its roots, rather than the usual pop BS you get on the radio these days. NO AUTO-TUNE ALLOWED. Instead of diving straight into the classics like Nelson, Cash, Kristofferson and Jennings, plus all their descendants, I want to introduce you folks to some recent & modern artists that bring back a real old-school vibe that a lot of people are reeeeally digging.

First up, coming out of the Lone Star State, it's the man, the myth, the legend, Mr Charley Crockett:

A down-to-earth mountain boy from the Ozarks in Arkansas, Nick Shoulders will get your toes tapping:

The voice of Sierra Ferrell will take you back to 50's and 60's country, when women were strong and knew that Family was the most important thing in the world:

And of course, you can't build a list like this without mentioning the man from Speedy Creek, up in Saskatchewan north of the border. Colter Wall is just... haunting:

I'll keep dropping more in here for yall, don't wanna overload with awesomeness in one hit.

Get posting & share what you find.

Edited by Psychedelic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...