Changing The Vehicle Lock System

Serpico

The update is great but a lot of people don't feel comfortable or unease with some aspects, I think I know the problem. The problem I think is, people can use /vpark, but if they go afk or crash, there car is vulnerable, but the chances are low, so it's not worth spending 50k to secure your car that may be worth 30k. Maybe include the alarm system on the lock tiers.

tier 1: Increases lock strength (10k)

tier 2: Increases lock strength and alerts the owner (20k)

tier 3: Increases lock strength, alerts the owner and the cops. (30k)

If a player has tier 2 lock, it would only cost 10k to increase it to tier 3, if possible.

Also, it would be nice if car jackers were told what kind of lock is installed. told via text after you type /vbreakin. ((You see a flashing LED security light)) This would indicate it's a tier 2 or higher lock, to give you some chance. IRL you would notice a good alarm via a red LED light flashing etc, not to mention about 1% of cars IRL would actually alert cops, so people need a chance to dip, if they notice the car has a good alarm.

Don't split the locks and alarm's up, it's confusing and too expensive.

Edited by Serpico

I can't really comment on the prices since I am not active in game.

You can check the lock level with /vlocktype. You can't check the alarm type from outside for obvious reasons.

I don't think locks and alarms are that confusing as separate features. This distinction offers more control and they can also be used in properties in the future.

We are open for changes but we're going to need more feedback and time.