Major FPS drops.

Wally.

So I have got a gaming laptop that I play on, it's a Lenovo Legion Y520. Specs are i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB RAM, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD+2TB HDD.

The issue here is I'm facing major FPS drops which causes stutters and ruins the whole experience itself for me at least. I have no idea why this is happening. I have tried every sort of fix that exists. It works well enough for the first few minutes and then the FPS just drops and climbs back up and this keeps happening again and again. It's very frustrating. I have reinstalled my GEFORCE drivers, I'm running GTA V on high performance via the Windows settings, chose it from the NVIDIA control panel as well and have tried every single trick in the book but it just doesn't wanna work. The video attached below is with a lot of settings toned down from default "Very High" to "High", thus the high FPS but as you can see it drops. Toning settings down to normal doesn't work as well. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 8.57.48 PM.png

Has this happened after the most recent update? Or you're recent to Rage MP and you noticed that you only this this much FPS compared to something else?

I had the same laptop back in the day, exactly the same specifications too and what you're getting was very similar to me.

Well, I really don't know what's causing it as this is the first time I'm playing GTAW/RageMP on this laptop and by similar to you, do you mean you had the same FPS drops issue?

1 hour ago, dawpi said:

Has this happened after the most recent update? Or you're recent to Rage MP and you noticed that you only this this much FPS compared to something else?

I had the same laptop back in the day, exactly the same specifications too and what you're getting was very similar to me.

Couple things you can do. 

Disable Game Bar. 
Disable Game Mode.
On your Nvidia settings, set a profile up for GTA 5 and set it to use your main GPU.

In your windows menu shit, type "gaming" and then it should say "graphics settings" click that shit and pick GTA 5 then set it to high performance.

28 minutes ago, Captain said:

Couple things you can do. 

Disable Game Bar. 
Disable Game Mode.
On your Nvidia settings, set a profile up for GTA 5 and set it to use your main GPU.

In your windows menu shit, type "gaming" and then it should say "graphics settings" click that shit and pick GTA 5 then set it to high performance.

All done except what's Game Mode?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This thread has been open for two (2) months with no activity now from the author. If this issue still persists, please, recreate the thread and elaborate on the issue, you may also refer to our discord server and try seek assistance there. Locked and Archived.

Thank you very much,
dawpi

• dawpi locked this topic