From Liberty City to Los Santos - Troy Manzo

Kill3rkrok

GBtiGJR.jpg

Introduction

The names Manzo…. Troy Manzo. Nah, who am I kidding, I wish I was that cool. Anyway… this is my story I guess. From the dumb city, kid to make friends, love, and money.

I was born in Liberty City in 1994, We lived in a small apartment on the 4th floor. Just Mom, dad and me. As far as I know, I'm Italian, Grandfather came over to America back in the 1940’s with my grandmother. At that point, my dad was just a bump. Fast forward around twenty-five years, my dad meets this Italian girl who works at this little diner, they hit it off a year and nine months later… Boom. Troy Manzo.

Dad was a dock worker, meant he wasn’t in the house much, and when he was all he wanted to do was sit on the couch, drink beer and watch the Yankees. Mom was more prominent in my life, she didn’t work meaning I spent all day doing shit I knew I shouldn’t be then having her yell at me. But she was mine and I loved her.

I remember one time I was throwing a baseball in the house, I knew I shouldn’t have been but what you gonna do. Anyway, I pitched this ball at the door, it bounced off the door and smashed one of my grandmother's vases. The beating I got that night from my dad could be heard three blocks down, but mom was always there with a glass of cola and some candy to make it better.

We’re off track...

With dad working so much the main influence in my life was my uncle Barry. Uncle Barry wasn’t really my uncle, he was a close friend of my dad. Ran a scrap yard on the south side of town, gave me my first job and taught me everything I know today about cars…. And women for that matter. Probably why I'm so shit with both.

My first job was driving cars around for Bryan. He tells me to take it somewhere, then I’d jog back to the scrap yard and take another. It wasn't until I was seventeen that I started being interested in working on cars, up until then they were just how I made money. I had just discovered Elvis and the movie Grease. Both had a common theme, Low ride height hot rods with giant engines, a shit ton of brake horsepower and a straight pipe roar that could shatter windows a state over.

Bryan taught me everything he knew about engines, brakes, suspension systems, Hell even fabrication. On March 10th 2012 I turned eighteen. I woke up with dad and mom singing me happy birthday, we went out, ate good food and had a good day. I stopped by Bryan's house to see how he was doing and remember being greeted by a devil smile. I was promptly blindfolded… BLINDFOLDED . and taken into a truck which later turned out drove me to my uncle's scrap yard.

Sat in the middle of the yard, held up on bricks, with no engine, lights or interior was the most beautiful thing id seen in my life. A naked Lisa Ann… nah I'm kidding, although that would have been one hell of a present.

Uncle Bryan had found a shell for a 1962 Corvette C2. It was amazing, beautiful sweeping curves, a huge hood that you could practically sunbathe on... In fact, people have but more on that later … It wasn't much, but what it was had boatloads of potential.

By the time I turned twenty-two, Uncle Bryan had been living in Los Santos for a year and six months. I was tearing up the streets of Liberty City in a 500bhp, rear wheel drive, candy apple red Corvette C2… and getting quite a lot of speeding tickets… and one or two noise complaints.

Bryan died on May 3rd that year, People say it was suicide, I'm not convinced but it's in the past now. I decided to drive down to Los Santos for the funeral, didn't realize that as I pulled on to the highway I wouldn't be heading back to Liberty City for a while.

Meeting Mike

The first time I saw Mike was at the funeral, well he wasn't exactly AT the funeral. I guess uncle Bryan helped a group called the Devil's Orphans maintain their bikes. They rolled past the funeral, stopping to rev their engines and salute the coffin but nothing more. If I remember correctly Mike was second in the pack, Think that means he was high up, sat behind this old black guy as they rode off.

That night I was sat in a bar when someone slapped me on the shoulder. Not gonna lie I turned around ready to fight until I saw the leather gloves and DOMC tattoos on his arms. Mike had sent someone to get me, Big fucker I later found out was called Morph.  I guess my uncle must have talked about me, and Mike wanted me to help him. The MC had split and Mike was starting his own thing in the city but needed someone to give his car the once over for him.

The car wasn’t in bad shape, A few broken LED’s on the dash and a couple wore brake pads, nothing major. I think it was as I was pulling the dashboard out to get to the LED’s, I heard a thud, looked down and there's a handgun just laying there on the floor. Well, I didn’t know what to do, hell I’d never even touched a gun before nevermind randomly found one in a gang members car.

Mikey went through the roof when I told him, Think he spent more time cussing people out and apologizing than explaining what he wanted me to do with it. As far as I'm aware that gun is still in the LS river somewhere.

After that I guess Mike trusted me, he took me on as his personal mechanic, gave me a place to live, a garage to use and ended up taking me under his wing, “ Teaching me how to be a man “ to put it in his words. I always liked Mike. He’s been nothing but good to me, no matter how many times I fuck up.

Italian Invasion

It was nothing new when Mike called me up and told me to get to the Airport, he said I was picking up four and a half people. This when I met the people who have now become my good friends. The first ones to get in the car were Mikey D and Vinny.

Mikey D was the more talkative one of the two, but not the easiest to get along with. I got shit straight away for making jokes, he seemed pretty on the nose about shit and expected me to respect him like I did Mike. Vinny wasn’t much different but was younger, He clearly cared about his hair a lot and mainly sat chuckling while Mikey D tore me apart for what I was wearing.

Tino was the next to come, all I'm gonna say about Tino is I love him. But my god he's a cunt.

So you’re now wondering “ What about the other one and a half people Troy? “

Enter stage left …. Fat Al. Fat Al is like that guy everyone loves. He's seriously one of the best people I’ve met out here, the kind of guy who’ll go out his way to help you if he can. He looks tough but he's 426 lbs of the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

So there I was, a young kid surrounded by middle-aged guys talking about the weather and the news.

Joey

Joe was the next guy that I was introduced to, Joe seemed like a pretty good guy, Always willing to help and easy to get along with. He told me that I was “ Officially on record “. There were good and bad bits to this deal… So the bad part, I had to pay him money every week. The good part? I was a part of something, I had family around me now, if I needed something done I could ask them If I needed some backup they would be there.

This is when I was fully introduced to what I was getting myself into. I was told about what the people around me actually do. How we make money in any way we can, whether that's running a bar ourselves or making someone pay us for letting them run thiers... And joey received 20% of every dollar we made.

I started out slow, I was young and dumb so there was no way people were gonna be scared of me, I started stealing cars, I'd take them back to my garage... I know. DUMB .. then strip them of parts and make as much money as I can selling what I stripped. The tricky part was dumping the car...

The Picador

Mike would often bring me random cars to strip down or get into working order for him to use. That's why I wasn’t surprised when I woke up with an old beaten up Cheval Picador on my driveway. I pulled it into the garage and got to work checking it out. It was in a state, more sand and rust than it was car. From what he told me it was owned by t club member named Morph back in the day, apparently he was a British guy who had been riding with Mike for some years, Would have quite liked to meet him, last I heard he took off towards Vice City.

So the interior of the car wasn’t much better than the exterior, I started gutting it, pulling out old rubbish, needles, and a crack pipe, When I went to move the passenger seat it wouldn’t budge like it had been welded into place. Upon further investigation, I discovered a cable coming from behind the seat that shouldn’t be there. Pulling it pushed the cushion of the passenger seat up until it eventually dropped off revealing bags of white and brown powder. There was a shit load of it. Not knowing what to do I called Mike and got him to come have a look.

Turns out Morph not only took blow but sold it… A LOT of it.

Mike told me to find someone to sell it to and get rid of it, all he wanted was ten percent off the top, which was pretty reasonable.

Protect your own.

I think this is one of the most important, at least defining nights of my life. This is the night I killed someone, The night I went from never touching a gun before, to placing it against a guys head and pulling the trigger three times.

It was a pretty quiet night to start off, I was behind the bar, there were a few good friends in, Joey, Mike, Paige, Charlie was there too. They didn’t know me very well so I spent most of the night trying to make small talk.

I'm wiping down the bar when I hear someone shouting for Joe Carbone, I thought nothing of it. Five minutes later the guys swinging punches and Joey's having to bob and weave like fucking Mike Tyson. I ran over and decked the guy and we ended up dragging him out the bar and telling him to not come back.

That killed the night. A half-hour later we closed up, we step outside, bearing in mind there’s five of us, and this guy comes round the corner. The same guy we just kicked out, except this time he's got a bat.

The kid comes in swinging, end up dropping two of us before someone hits him in the back of the head then we all jump on him.. I'm not saying he didn’t deserve it... But he took a beating. That's when I heard “ Get this cocksucker round the back “ I was confused… that was my voice, I was the one saying that...We ended up taking him around the back of the bar, and with the nod for Joey, I put a bullet into his head… not only did I do that… I stood over him…. And shot him two more times…

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 7

Charlie

One night I was headed to a party at Randy's house, When I first saw Charlie that night I forgot who I was for a second, she was leaned up against a wall in her boyfriends apartment, her laugh lighting the room as she sipped from her Logger. Locks of blonde hair were tied into a bun behind her head and her tight tank top hugged her perfect curves. That was a good night, we drank beer and made jokes all the while I was stealing glances at Charlie, or getting lost in my own thought as I watched her sway in time to the music.

As time went on and me and her talked and got to know each other more.  When Charlie's boyfriend Franky disappeared, I sat and watched as Charlie moped about for nearly two weeks, taking every opportunity possible to try and make her laugh or smile. One night, when working security detail at the Vault nightclub Charlie turned up with Joey. She was stunning that night, wearing a cute yellow dress that I couldn’t take my eyes off. As the night drew to a close, Joe had left and the crowd was beginning to thin out I approached her offering to take her home.

We were meant to be heading to her house when she started complaining that she wasn’t tired and wanted to keep on drinking. As we stepped into the social club locking the door behind us it was clear that Charlie was in a flirty mood, taking every opportunity to pose for me and pout those irresistible lips in my direction. That was another good night. We must have talked for hours, about her, about me about how much of an asshole people were and who we wouldn't mind hitting. It wasn’t meant to happen, I shouldn’t have let it happen but with both of us drunk, and no one to stop us we spent the last hour at the social club in eachothers arms. Like I said, we’d both been drinking alot. One thing lead to another and…. well….

The next morning, after waking up in a bed that wasn’t mine and finding a yellow dress thrown into the footwell of the Coquette I thought that it was the end for me in this city. Mike or Joe was gonna find out and I’d be hung out to dry.

Finding Charlie didn’t take long, in fact she found me. She pulled up in Joe's car laughing firing off questions about vintage cars that I had to answer as if nothing had happened between us. It wasn’t until that night, after spending most of the night working on her new car , I lay in my bed, her hair draped over my chest as she slept on top of me and couldn’t help but think that I hadn’t made a mistake.

Edited by Kill3rkrok
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
  • 1 month later...

MARRIAGE

So it's been a while, Sorry about not updating but a lot of shits going on. Things are still good in life, I finally was able to buy into the garage. I can now say that I Troy Manzo am an owner of Riverside Rods.

I got a new car, Hermes. A 1946 model. Things beautiful, full air suspension and and Hemi Hellcat V8. Spits flames and sounds amazing. But i'm beating around the bush.

Something happened, i'm not going to go into details but it upset Charlie. The day after I took her out to Sandy to keep her mind off it. It was a good day, we drove around a little, stopped off in Slab City. We talked for about an hour. About a shit ton of things, what had happened, what was going to happen, about us and her.

Think that's when I realised, No idea if it was the lighting, her perfect skin, hell might have been the whiskey I’d been drinking but she just looked so irresistible. She's the woman that I want, she's the perfect one for me and I wanted to make her mine.

Still laugh when I picture her face when I called her father and asked him for his blessing, Thought she was going to burst into tears right there next to me. But guess what… She said yes!

So that night I go and get suited up, picked up some flowers and bought the most expensive ring I could find at 11:30 pm. She was talking to Holly when I walked in the house, dropped to one knee and offered her my life.

Charlie is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

WiSSFns.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

A Trip to remember

Been a while since I talked about what it is I’ve been up to. Well, I got A 12-hour flight ahead of me with nothing to do but try not to move so I don’t wake up Charlie. May as well update you.  

So the first major thing that happened is to do with the garage. I’m now a part owner. It took me working my balls off doing shitty oil changes and getting dirty (I’m acting like I didn’t love every second) but I know can officially put my name to the place.

The second, and by far most important. I proposed to Charlie and I honestly still am baffled that she said yes. Anyhow, it official now, got permission from her old man and everything.

That brings us to the final thing, and why I’m sat in a shitty plane on a 12-hour flight, I wanted to celebrate and neither of us has ever been to Italy. So I booked us 14 nights in Venice. It nice as hell! I sat and drank coffee, even smoked a few cigars, Charlie spent the entire time spending as much money as humanly possible. The only downer was me getting arrested for assault but that prick deserved it, the balls on this kid, he clearly saw me and Charlie together all night, then I come out of the bathroom and see him sidling up to her trying to chat her up. So I did what any normal man would do in that situation, I knocked the kid out cold. Cost me a night in a cell and 500 euro but fuck it felt good.

Anyway, guess this is a quick update. My arm is now numb, I’m in a cramped plane, I’m out of beer but she looks happy just sleeping there, that’s what matters right?

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic