Shooting people & injuries. [IMPLEMENTED]

What system would you prefer?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks to the way things are scripted (like they would be anywhere else) it is less likely for a player to roleplay their injuries upon getting shot.  As a result of this fact, roleplayers have thought it OK to literally take damage and do things like hop fences or start running away as if a multitude of bullets isn't going to impede their movement.  This basically one of the easiest enablings of powergaming & nonRP.  In an attempt to fix this, hear me out.

I'd like either one of two systems.  I'm going to start a poll and ask the community which one they like better.  I will leave the choice of "neither" to prove to this community how many people could probably care less about actually knowing and being able to roleplay where your character was shot, because evidently looking at the wound on your character's body isn't good enough.

System 1:  The minute you are shot, it informs you via chatlog (or some other form of text) where you have been shot, the MOMENT you have been shot. 

Example:  Man 1 shoots man 2.  Man 2's health lowers as the damage from the gunshot registers.  "You have been shot in your right arm."  "You have been shot in your stomach, through your back."  "You have been shot in your left shoulder, missing your heart."  "You have been shot through the heart."  "You have been shot in the head."  As a player would be expected to read certain things like this from a roleplayer, they'd be reading it from either an administrative bot or something.  

System 2:  We could simply just do /injuries of any person, including yourself, and a small menu of injuries will pop up.  Seen this done in other communities, didn't personally like it myself but it's been proven useful.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

The only thing that doesn't tickle my fancy about System 1 is that it'll most likely spam your chatbox, however that's an irrelevant assumption because it's not like you're going to get shot 100+ times. System 2 would be cool, but players aren't going to /injuries mid-shootout to discover where they've been shot at because they're going to be too focused on trying to survive. At least with System 1, it gives them visible notifications of where they've been shot, which gives them no excuse to not roleplay their injuries accordingly.

I'd vote for System 1.

Edited by Taunky

I think, if possible, a /do auto message *Francis Chamberlain has just been shot in the arm. With that amendment, I'd definitely go for your first suggestion.

I would also like to see damage from firearms increased, if possible. Our HP/damage ratio is obviously built for a more combat based game GTAOnline.