NPC animals [DENIED]

Guest Ingram

Wild animals - no. I think if you add any NPC to the game trolls will just kill them. I'd actually really like hunting to be something in the game, but I think it would need strict enforcement and I'd rather admins focused on other things.

Domesticated animals - A zoo could be cool, as a location a little extra I would definitely make use of it. Dogs would be cool, particuarly if the dog backs you up in fights. It would also be cool to arrange dog fights, races etc. The horse racing track would work for this on a legal level. The dog fighting would obviously be underground.

People killing them can be taken IC as poaching and/or animal cruelty.  It'd also create a small risk factor when it comes to going out into the wilderness. 

There are: 

• Butterflies.
  • Chickens.
  • Cats.
  • Cockroaches.
  • Cormorants (bird).
  • Mountain lions.
  • Coyotes.
  • Cows.
  • Crows.
  • Dogs.
  • Dolphins.
  • Elk/Deer.
  • Hawks.
  • Different types of whales.
  • Flies.
  • Pigs.
  • Pigeons.
  • Monkeys.
  • Seagulls.
  • Sharks.
  • Rabbits.
  • Stingrays.
  • Wild boars.

There's no reason to not have them and they'd only act as a better way to attain immersion/create roleplay. 

It wouldn't be doable at the moment though for the same reason that pets aren't done. That being because NPC's aren't possible here for some reason. However, I recall another server already having pets on their GTMP server since March so IDK about that. 

Guest Ingram

Animals in game would be nice, specially if you can own a dog. But if they're going to be as bots and raise the playerbase I don't think it's going to be ever possible.

16 hours ago, OhSoFly said:

Wild animals - no. I think if you add any NPC to the game trolls will just kill them. I'd actually really like hunting to be something in the game, but I think it would need strict enforcement and I'd rather admins focused on other things.

Domesticated animals - A zoo could be cool, as a location a little extra I would definitely make use of it. Dogs would be cool, particuarly if the dog backs you up in fights. It would also be cool to arrange dog fights, races etc. The horse racing track would work for this on a legal level. The dog fighting would obviously be underground.

I disagree with you on wild animals. Trolling will happen regardless, and I'd imagine people would be punished. NPCs exist in the game, people rob them. 

I'd like to see animals in the game. Right now, a PF license has no purpose when it comes to hunting/sport. No animals exist on the server, and I sure as hell am not gonna metagame/powergame that there are animals on this server like some people. Server feels empty and there isn't really much to do other than doing the same roleplay with the same people every day. Hunting would open many more opportunities.

vote rahi

I'd like to see some wildlife implemented for hunting purposes. It even might make the server feel a little less dead. Still though, all interactions with animals should be taken IC'ly, and any form of trolling with the animals (i.e. running a bunch over) or something seriously stupid would result in punishment. I feel like some of you aren't open to change and the main thing I'm seeing here is how others will go berserk and troll/kill the animals right into extinction. If this is something that's do-able, then I say let's do it. Admins are here for a reason.

• Upvote 1
Guest Ingram

Don't think GT-MP synced animals but if it's going to be possible to see animals like birds so yeah, people can basically go for hunting roleplay too and everything is being taken IC.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:26 AM, Orcaninja said:

There's no reason to not have them and they'd only act as a better way to attain immersion/create roleplay. 

Player to Player sync is horrible, nevermind trying to program a NPC for hours and then it turns out that it doesn't even sync properly lelelele

I'd say save this feature for RAGE or the future of GTMP where there aren't any sync issues

I say yes.  I think the people who don't want suggestion implemented because people will (somehow) troll are not coming from a logical standpoint.  The more opportunities this server creates, the better.  Don't let trolls stop you from being the most realistic server you can be, otherwise they win. :}

/support

20 hours ago, JoeSlice said:

Player to Player sync is horrible, nevermind trying to program a NPC for hours and then it turns out that it doesn't even sync properly lelelele

I'd say save this feature for RAGE or the future of GTMP where there aren't any sync issues

Question is if you can make them sync. Also would be weird if you can roleplay as a dog