Car whisper

17 hours ago, Doakes said:

I think we can do better than this. /low combined with closed car windows => only car passengers can see the message; if any window is open, or when driving a convertible, the /low range is as usual.

A casual /cw always felt overpowered to me.

As much as I would love to see a regular /cw, it was something that bothered me in certain situations, especially since some people would roll up 4 deep with weapons using it as an OOC group chat. However Doakes' idea is sick, and I would love something along the lines of that

On 01/11/2017 at 6:08 AM, Doakes said:

I think we can do better than this. /low combined with closed car windows => only car passengers can see the message; if any window is open, or when driving a convertible, the /low range is as usual.

A casual /cw always felt overpowered to me.

This would be more beneficial than /cw. /cw is very op in my opinion unless you have your windows rolled up, people can hear you.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, Badaboom said:

I disagree with this one. This could be abused by people that does not want to be heard. What if theres a mole in the car. How is that supposed to work? 

I dont think this is a good idea. This could easily get abused just like in lsrp. Not to mention it's also unrealistic.

The inside of a car can sound like a cocktail party in full swing, and it's still very unlikely that someone outside of it would hear anything intelligible.

The low command should absolutely work inside of a vehicle. However, determining whether it should work when the windows are up, down, or both up and down is entirely dependent on the script's limitations. 

While I'm all for Doakes' idea about having a /low be contained inside a non-convertible car if the car's windows are rolled up, or any other suggestion that promotes realistic roleplay, let's be honest. All this would really do is make it so people have to take an extra step to ensure that their conversation doesn't leave the vehicle. People who want a confidential conversation will take the necessary precautions to ensure it stays confidential, even if it means making sure that the windows are rolled up each time they want to talk about something private. It just seems a little bit arbitrary, to be honest.

Edited by Thread
  • Doakes locked this topic