Trash in Dumpsters

Detailed Description

I don't know if it was already planned but it's a thought I had, some people may not like it. I was thinking that we could get trash objects in the dumpsters, and like a system with empty bottles or cans that homeless can pick up and sell at a 24/7 for like a 1$. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Just the Dumpster script but add random objects.

How will it benefit the server?

I think it can promote the homeless scene without giving them a financial benefit. It gives them something to do and gives more interaction with 24/7 stores. I can go more deeper and suggest that 24/7s could sell the empty bottles to garbage job and they could make recycling parts that can then make other object but that's just to add to the first idea. 

• Upvote 2

As I am roleplaying as a homeless character now, I see that giving the homeless RPers the ability to find empty cans or bottles will be a good addition to the RP because in real life the homeless people always have way they can make money, like for example the most known method that homeless people use is they take all the empty cans, and then goes to some place and recycle the cans and help them to make some metal scrap that they can sell to some shops. Also, why can't you guys add a script that can be used by homeless to recycle the cans and water bottles and then they take an actual scriptwise aluminum brick and go to a shop and sell it for some profit or they can sell it to actual pawn shops and make some good reasonable money from it.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Woozyarth said:

As I am roleplaying as a homeless character now, I see that giving the homeless RPers the ability to find empty cans or bottles will be a good addition to the RP because in real life the homeless people always have way they can make money, like for example the most known method that homeless people use is they take all the empty cans, and then goes to some place and recycle the cans and help them to make some metal scrap that they can sell to some shops. Also, why can't you guys add a script that can be used by homeless to recycle the cans and water bottles and then they take an actual scriptwise aluminum brick and go to a shop and sell it for some profit or they can sell it to actual pawn shops and make some good reasonable money from it.

maybe something like this could be used with systems that already exist to make it fit into the rest of the player economy, so something like if you find 50 cans u can do what metallurgists do and get them melted into a metal scrap. it would be a very tedious way of obtaining scrap, but similar to real life homeless scavenging, it takes a LOT of cans or bottles to get some money for lunch.

this sort of thing makes sense for homeless characters as well as other characters portraying severe poverty. i think it's a good idea.

Edited by KFA
  • Upvote 2