Allow security guards who are not members of any faction to obtain batons and tasers.

Pengu

Detailed Description:

Allows security guards who are not members of any specific faction to obtain batons and tasers for their duties. Currently, only members of the specific factions can obtain tasers and bastons, which seems unfair for those who don't want to commit to the faction fully and enjoy security roleplay. 

I fully understand that ''Taser'' is known as an ''OP'' non-lethal weapon and should be handed to players you can trust by not using them too soon, but if we look at the faction such as Gruppe6 and Bobcat, these two factions are the ones that mainly recruit new players, who recently joined the server, so, in that case, I think it would be fair to hand tasers and batons to people who are performing freelance security, most of the people who perform freelance security are people who just enjoy doing security RP and have been around for a while, (at least most of them)

To ensure that people won't be abusing Tasers, there could be a process of obtaining them through the FLD site along with performing the GC exam.

Regarding BATONS. Right now, the restrictions put on them are entirely unnecessary, and last time I checked, not even security companies were selling them anymore. So again, they could be obtained through PD with all the proper licenses (GC).

Relevant Commands/Items:

N/A

How will it benefit the server?:

Enhanced Roleplayed Opportunities - Players(Security Guards) would be more effective when removing people.

Reduced Lethal Force - Preventing/reducing the likelihood of fatal incidents (Keep in mind that when one person starts shooting, it starts the domino effect, ten more people join in and start shooting)

Encouraging non-faction RP - By letting people obtain such equipment, people won't just strive to join a faction and do RP - on duty, -> Off duty -> Logged off.

Fairness - Giving freelancers equal opportunities to be as effective as they would be if they were in the faction.

• Upvote 1

Batons is just about reasonable but the use of Taser are absolutely ridiculous. 

I’ve RPed as a bouncer for coming up 3 years and I’ve experienced dozens of people who just think they’re cops and it ruins the whole vibe.

Considering most of the security RP is club work, let them have punch ups with people rather than whipping out a Taser which will no doubt be used at the first instance of confrontation.

Anyway there’s no doubt either of the above will only end up in (M) pulling a gun and causing absolute carnage over something which is very minor IC.

Edited by Jordan
  • Upvote 1

There could be a case made for batons but as for tasers I’m heavily against this, it doesn’t make lot of sense. It’s completely unnecessary for a doorman to hold a taser on them. So I’m going to have to say no to that one.