Remove Tackling

tizzy

I understand that tackling could be a great asset to the game if used correctly by players however I'm already starting to see many players alongside trolls who have not been using it for the correct reasons. I believe that tackling should be removed or only able to be used by officers in certain situations, maybe even allow players to accept or decline tackle requests. Regardless, the current mechanics of tackling aren't gonna work and will only open paths for more trollish behavior.

Edited by tizzy
  • Upvote 1

I don’t think the tackling feature should be removed, it’s a good feature. Instead just report those who are abusing the tackling system, taking a perfectly good feature away from everybody because of those who don’t use it correctly doesn’t seem fair to me. If they’re reported they’ll be punished accordingly if they are abusing the tackle system.

• Upvote 2

+1, very annoying feature. I'm not saying you should remove it but as tizzy said maybe make it to where you can accept or decline requests, maybe only be used by officers, shit like that. It kind of should be removed though, most people don't use it for the right reasons.

Edited by carlos .
  • Upvote 1

No thank you, it's a great addition to the server. Just like it goes for everything else, if you see people abusing it and using it inappropriately, report them. No reason for people to be denied this great feature just because of a small minority who can't use it properly :))

• Upvote 1

I understand and appreciate the opinions of the people who don't agree with my take on the matter however you do also have to look at it from the point of view of an illegal faction roleplayer. Trolling is far more likely to happen within the illegal faction scene and it affects us a lot more than others. I'm not saying that it can't happen to a legal roleplayer but I'm once again just noting that it's less likely for trolling to occur to legal roleplayers. 

In addition, reporting is an understandable way of dealing with the situation BUT having to deal with the situations through reports ruins emersion and the flow of roleplay in the situation. 

Edited by tizzy
1 minute ago, tizzy said:

I understand and appreciate the opinions of the people who don't agree with my take on the matter however you do also have to look at it from the point of view of an illegal faction roleplayer. Trolling is far more likely to happen within the illegal faction scene and it affects us a lot more than others. I'm not saying that it can't happen to a legal roleplayer but I'm once again just noting that it's less likely for trolling to occur to legal roleplayers. 

In addition, reporting is an understandable way of dealing with the situation BUT having to deal with the situations through reports ruins emersion and the flow of roleplay in the situation. 

Removing features just because a minority can't have the right mentality to not abuse features and roleplay correctly is in this situation the wrong way to do it. If we remove the feature entirely, it'll make developers time seem worthless. If we remove it entirely as well, people, especially LEO's will be against it as this feature is specifically useful for them for stopping people that are fleeing on foot. It's a great addition instead of constantly using tazers or sometimes beanbags to stop people. Making it a LEO only feature will make illegal players upset with the argument 'just another LEO feature' which is ruining our roleplay. Sad reality, but having to deal with reports, voided situations and ruined immersions is sadly a big part of this server this year. You make a valid point with your statement, though.

• Upvote 1