Group Mapping Objects

Bursy

Suggestion template

Detailed Description

I'm not talking about making a group of mapped items and using them as a function elsewhere, it's more of a small addition to increase speed whilst mapping as its already a long and arduous process.

I'm talking more along the lines of during a project, being able to 'group' several items together and locking them together and being able to duplicate and move them all at once. I imagine it would be quite difficult to rotate items all together, but in my mind if it can all be grouped in a boxed outline like there currently is for when you select an item whilst mapping.

Selecting a rotation point on this boxed outline and rotating it from there for example. If you're familiar with Adobe software, I'm thinking of it as if you're moving the anchor point on a shape. Whilst grouping and saving a custom piece of furniture would be great for furniture stores and so on, I understand it may be difficult to pull off, hence this smaller suggestion.

Relevant Commands/Items

Some kind of addition to the existing mapping menu UI.

How will it benefit the server?

Make a mappers life much easier, allowing them to replicate a very detailed window, or pillar, or shelving and so on as many times as needed without having to recreate it each time they make one in a seperate location within the interior.

Definitely not making this suggestion because I specifically hate spending alot of time making several arched pillars and walkways even though they look great...

• Upvote 5

As a mapper personally, I love this idea - But the possibility seems quite hard given the script currently. If it is possible at all then I am all for this, especially when it comes to curved windows and doors etc, biggest pain of my existence at present. 

• Upvote 2

As a mapper, this would be great. It's very tedious to place the same 20 objects for every window (ex.) 8 times when there could be a convenient solution such as this. Not sure if it's possible with current script limitations though, especially considering the mapping system is already slow and buggy at times.