How to use Language Tags properly

Many people have misconceptions on how to use language tags, and TODAY I will help u understand how to properly use them and what is good and what isn't, which can make your "foreign language roleplay" look much better with a few simple steps.

Remember! 51300-mqdefault-jpg

When using language tags, it is important to fully understand how to use them dur 

To begin, I would recommend that you always write out the full name of the language that you're speaking

(i.e don't put [SPA] for Spanish, write out [Spanish] or [RUS] instead of [Russian]), while it may seem more of a hassle to do this, you could easily just copy it and then paste it every single time rather than having to write it out every single time as it may seem like its more to type, but in the end, this effects how you're portrayed in RP scenarios, and if you put forward that extra effort into doing it properly

It is also very important to remember when and how to use language tags, and that you're not supposed to use them while speaking that language, for example:

You're not allowed to do "[Spanish] hi wats up ESE" as ese is a Spanish word, so it wouldn't be using language tags as you're speaking the language within the language tags which are originally supposed to translate it from English to whatever language you wish. As an alternative, you would use "[Spanish] hi wats up bro" but end up getting the same result because Ese means "bro" in English. Just make sure you never speak a foreign language within language tags or even use any phrases if you're saying it with language tags.

Also, a very common mistake is people making sounds in "foreign languages" as you cannot make a sound in a different language, its the same sound, if you 'say' "Hmm" in English, it would still be "Hmm" in any language, whether it'd be Swahili or French, while it may seem common sense to not do this, it is a common mistake seen everywhere. Exceptions for this could be made such as if you're doing it mid-sentence or just writing after it, (por ejemplo: "[Italian] Hmm, Give me a pepperoni pizza")

This is a small yet very important list which could help you look much better as a roleplayer.. while roleplaying.

If you have any additional suggestions for the guide, feel free to post them below and i'll add them!

• Upvote 4