What is "OFFICIAL FACTION DISCORD"??

Bruce002

So first off all, I do apologize if I am posting this on a wrong forum section.

Now, I will explain a quick story real quick before I get to my point. I am a part of a discord server which belonged to one of the factions within GTA World community and as in every discord server on planet earth there were comments including racist slurs and whatever inappropriate comments on memes and pictures. Though, none of the comments was aimed towards someone in this community what so ever, everything was used on a form of humor or joke towards people inside the discord server. A few days later Gta World staff took a report towards that discord server ((which by the way came as a result of an In-Character contract removal due to the persons high level of egoism and stupid actions towards the faction staff and as a revenge he send a report regarding OOC comments)) and decided to raid it regarding the use of those inappropriate comments that were used on that discord. Hours after they rushed in the discord we found out that 6 people were banned and 5 (I think) others were warned for using inappropriate comments. There are people in this community who have done all sort of rule breaks and still they have gone through with a simply 20 minutes admin jail or what not. All the people that were involved on the ban spree of Chey, an inactive admin had put a shit tone of their time in the server contributing to quality roleplay and a perfectly clean punishment record. 

• What is Official Faction Discord and how does GTA World staff claims administrative ownership over a discord server?
  • Why did these people get instantly banned?
  • Why was the punishment so harsh for something that happened outside of Gta World platform?
  • Where are the rules and regulations regarding these so called Faction Discords and why are people being punished for commenting on these discords?
  • Since when does GTA World own discord servers and punishes people for commenting?

Banning people for commenting on discord servers which is outside your jurisdiction is ridiculous.

I guess this is all I had to say, for now. 

Note: This topic will be constantly updated with complains.

Edited by Bruce002
  • Keane locked this topic

You're not being given a platform to defend people who are being racist and anti-Semitic. What occurred was on a Discord entirely populated by GTA World players for a faction that was actively RPing on GTA World. That means that admins can freely enforce the server rules there. Legal Faction Management were informed that the faction was closing on Monday but people felt the need to be racist before then.